The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

rlopez

I guess white privilege is where people can call me racist for posting an image I thought was a stupid game people played in high school.

If I wasn't white I could post the same image and not be called a white supremacist/racist/sympathizer. Such a privilege. Maybe if you'd explained it to me as "you can be called a racist for doing things other people won't be called a racist for, and literally no one will believe you made a mistake in life" I'd have understood a lot more of what white privilege was/is/will be.

Thanks for the educational opportunity. Maybe I should go edit my previous post so I can erase this painful moment from your life similar to tearing down statues and renaming buildings fixes the painful memories people have had when dealing with actual racism in their daily life.

peace out. I'm done with this thread. Going back to running being mediocre because it is less offensive and not considered racist.

edit: yup. Filled with racism. How could I be so (insert really fancy word for racist stupid)

Trent called you a heartless asshole and a mediocre runner. 
    I called you "friend". Also, the implication is that I think you are being a dick in your responses just for the sake of being a dick. That's ok, I've done that. Dr Ternt has done that in his day.

I didn't call you a racist. Maybe someone else did and I missed it.

But we're all watching you play rope a dope and laughing at you because you are bad at it.

Enjoy your absence from this thread. Pretty sure you will check back in now and then.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

So the St Trent Vs Brewer Runner race challenge that I suggested isn’t a go then?  

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

rlopez

So the St Trent Vs Brewer Runner race challenge that I suggested isn’t a go then?  

Maybe not, but what we have here is a great example of that which we call "flouncing"

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Maybe not, but what we have here is a great example of that which we call "flouncing"

😭

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That's why I specifically mentioned hospitalization rates going up.  People don't want to look at number of cases, fine, but they should pay attention to hospitalizations, especially when numbers start spiking.  It's really not rocket science.

JMac11, I'll have to see if my dad has an N95 mask.  He's pretty much staying in his house.  He has 24/7 care, but it's just a handful of people who have been with him with months.  One of them did have a suspected case of COVID, but it was "just" strep.  We're still baffled as to how she got it, because she was being very careful.  About the same time, my BIL got strep - he didn't get it from her because he was never around her, but that was concerning, also.

Yep, "you people."  I'm tired of arguing. Take all the risks you want.

FWIW, I noticed that our local Walgreens had N95 masks for sale a couple of days ago.

MTA: Bold. YMMV.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No. I'm even worse of a runner than Scott is.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

FWIW, I noticed that Walgreens had N95 masks for sale a couple of days ago.

That's good. From what I hear from healthcare workers (at least here in NY), they are doing well with PPE at this point. I would not feel guilty going out and buying N95 masks at this point, and certainly if you have a vulnerable member of your family (or you are yourself), you should go out and get one.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Just for you rlopez.

No. I'm even worse of a runner than Scott is.

I'd take being a worse runner over being labeled as an angry ignorant white supremacist dick for the sake of being a dick.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No man, I said I was the worse runner.

You, friend, are either a dick for the sake of being a dick, OR you are a dick because you can't help yourself.

I'd take being a worse runner over being labeled as an angry ignorant white supremacist dick for the sake of being a dick.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

No man, I said I was the worse runner.

You, friend, are either a dick for the sake of being a dick, OR you are a dick because you can't help yourself.

This word made me laugh because I remember a comedian observing that when folk are aggressive towards someone they might say friend/mate....and when it’s friendly banter they might be called a dick/asshole. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What happens when you use both in the same comment?

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

What happens when you use both in the same comment?

That is for you to figure out, friend. 👍

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You could try princess.

Lane

I desperately need SportJester to weigh in on all of this.  Perhaps we could solve all of these problems with biomimicry.  If you can't explain why soldiers can carry 100 lbs on their heads on a treadmill at 10% grade with heart rates lower than their resting heart rates, how can you hope to explain pandemics, white privilege, racism, and abortion?

You could try princess.

rlopez

"Did you ever eat an ostrich burger?"

Speaking of, yall apparated him into another thread. GOOD JOB!