The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

This would explain why Asian cities are doing worse than European cities, and whey European cities are doing so much worse than American cities, right?

Wait ...

I think it would explain why New York did much worse than Oklahoma. I'm sure that has more to do with what news channel people watch, their race, and/or marathon time though.

I self identify as COVID 19 free so I don't need a mask. My body. My choice. I'm free range. Thankfully I live West of the Mississippi river where no one really cares about what we do. It's all about how things are done in/around the Mississippi/Missouri river that matter. Unless you're in California in which case you're not even from the west. You're from California. 3

fun fact....this isn't the first time a virus has caused bigger issues in America.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Running Problem

Problem Child

Good thing I'm not complaining. I'd hate to be considered sensitive.

EDIT: I wasn't wearing a mask in March or April before George Floyd's death anyone was discussing racial issues and police brutality.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

People have been discussing race for years, and race as it relates to COVID outcomes since COVID first came along.

By:

2. Population density

I was obviously referring to the number of contacts made with other people or the things they touch each day.

GEEZ OKFINE GEEZ OK Fine - Napoleon Dynamitecom | Meme Generator | Meme on  ME.ME

You can live in Manhattan and make zero contacts with other people or the things they touch if you're very careful. But it would be extremely difficult.  It has nothing to do with partisan politics, no matter how hard people try to spin it.

There seems to be a "type" of person who wants to believe there is no pandemic, or even virus, and thus justify their intolerance of wearing a face covering or avoiding crowds because that's inconvenient and they are missing out on "fun". Or are they just bold in the face of disease?

Then the meek shall indeed inherit the earth.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

mikeymike

Oh that was my bad. I thought by population density you meant population density. I agree social distancing is effective at preventing spread of the virus. Unfortunately partisan politics does play a role in whether people believe in the science around it.

Runners run

Oh that was my bad. I thought by population density you meant population density. I agree social distancing is effective at preventing spread of the virus. Unfortunately partisan politics does play a role in whether people believe in the science around it.

I did mean population density, both macro and micro.

Science is a hokes by the other side to take away our stuff and make us eat kale.

"run" "2" "eat"

you shouldn't be mean to the dense population.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

pepperjack

pie man

Wait, why is Hoka going to take away our stuff?

11:11 3,000 (recent)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You realize that this collection of words makes no sense?

Science is a hokes by the other side to take away our stuff and make us eat kale.

You realize that this collection of words makes no sense?

yas.

Charles Montgomery Burns | Simpsons Wiki | Fandom

exactly.

rlopez

That's the thing about a flounce.

It is rarely permanent.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

New cases for Travis County (where Austin is located):

6/19: 295 (new record)

6/20:  418

6/21:  506

Uh, yeah, Dad, I don't think you should be going to church since you have severe lung issues and just got out of hospice...  And yeah, Uncle, you're right, this is all a liberal conspiracy to make us live in fear.

Here's an animated graph showing the number of global deaths from all causes over the last six months; keep in mind in the case of CV19 it is DEATHS, not infections.

(meaning that rate of testing has no impact on the statistics)

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/2645529/?fbclid=IwAR1LX5VtA63QYNULrM_8E9-icMuVhRPVjNNJeN14OVv_cTjH5Ek-Uy8yPMI

ohanapecosh

It would be interesting to see that chart with the leading causes of death (cancer, heart disease, etc.) on it.