The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

rlopez

Wait. 

Hold up.

Who is Ray?

#artbydmcbride

I guess that's you  Ray Lopez?  (formerly known as Steve)   

Runners run

Prince of Fatness

Interesting you pick the law enforcement agent getting picked on by the guy who wants to mind his own business. Maybe if the law enforcement agent treated Rambo the same way he treated everyone else in town Rambo would have moved on. Instead our moderators decide the Marathon thread is where you can't talk about COVID, BUT the COVID thread is where you can talk about music. Next we'll all be talking about alcohol and malted vs seltzer drinks in here too. Interesting situational ethics going on these days.

Interesting perhaps, but not nearly as complex as you make it out to be. 

I’m tempted to post some other nonsense just to see how you equate it to forum mods persecuting you but should probably stop to be nice to everyone else here. 

Not at it at all. 

I guess that's you  Ray Lopez?  (formerly known as Steve)   

just going along with the cover story...the names have been changed to protect the innocent 😏

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

rlopez

The songs from Frozen and Coco were co-written by Robert Lopez.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Interesting perhaps, but not nearly as complex as you make it out to be. 

I’m tempted to post some other nonsense just to see how you equate it to forum mods persecuting you but should probably stop to be nice to everyone else here. 

I never said they were persecuting me. You created that based on your interpretation of what I read. I was simply looking for an equal application of the rules around here. Treat everyone the same. No one gets special treatment. Apparently it's a difficult concept for you understand.

If going off topic isn't allowed then it shouldn't be allowed everywhere. Saying COVID 19 outside of a "covid 19" thread shouldn't get that thread locked down. Terms of Service being what they are an all I saw nothing that said "mention COVID 19 outside of the COVID 19 thread and this thread will be locked." I did actually see something in there about harming people. So go ahead and pick thigs apart. Literally none of this has anything to do with COVID 19 yet the COVID 19 thread isn't being locked. COVID 19 must have some #COVID19PRIVLIGE where the authorities don't treat it like the other threads.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

rlopez

I am not going to have a metaphysical debate over whether what I wrote was about "harming people" or not, I'm just going to ask you to get up off your fainting couch and move on. For real. Just... move forward. You have several topics for which you kick and poke and beat and then beat some more.

This is a website on which you are a guest.

Get over what the mean ol' mods did to you (or just a theoretical "you") , whether for real or for pretend and move onward.

In any case, being a constant pressure point on the mods of a site rarely ends well. It just doesn't. Playing message board lawyer wears on people.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Funny coming from a dude who was the "I'm about to kick your ass cop" or whatever it was. Typical law enforcement. "Good for thee, not for me."

Glad this thread is immune to the same rules and standards applied to others. Ironic considering earlier it was brought up how COVID 19 is unequally affecting peopled based on the color of their skin. Now this thread is being treated differently due to it's title.  Looking forward to hearing everyone's pick for the Presidential debates. Hopefully Joe Biden stomps a mudhole into Trump and we get past this COVID 19 thing. I don't trust the Trump Administration or any vaccine coming out right before the election. I hope you don't either.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

rlopez

Funny coming from a dude who was the "I'm about to kick your ass cop" or whatever it was. Typical law enforcement. "Good for thee, not for me."

Glad this thread is immune to the same rules and standards applied to others. Ironic considering earlier it was brought up how COVID 19 is unequally affecting peopled based on the color of their skin. Now this thread is being treated differently due to it's title.  Looking forward to hearing everyone's pick for the Presidential debates. Hopefully Joe Biden stomps a mudhole into Trump and we get past this COVID 19 thing. I don't trust the Trump Administration or any vaccine coming out right before the election. I hope you don't either.

Brother, you don't know anything about me. "Typical law enforcement". Good one, good one.

Point of reference, though.

If you are drunk and assaulting crew or passengers on an airplane, Circa 2009 me was ready to kick your ass.

If you come at someone on an airplane with a knife, circa 2009 me was ready to assess the situation and kick your ass.

If you had a bomb on an airplane, circa 2009 me was ready to assess the situation, kick your ass, and try to disable the bomb.

Oh, and I had to "kick your ass" because pointing a gun on a pressurized airplane at 30,000 feet is counterproductive.

Mostly I just sat there and pretended to read. When I got to the end of my adventure, I'd run a marathon.
                    Before that, I looked for weapons of mass destruction. Didn't find any nukes. Found a hell of a lot of chemicals though. Like many of my buddies, got sick from it..

No bigs.

Sorry you have been mistreated on a free message board.

Edit: fun tangent... What started this was the business about "writing tickets". During election week 2016, I got called back in to work flights even though I had not done it since I got actively sick in 2012. Lots of us did, long story. In the end, there was none of the mayhem we were warned about. There were, however, a number of drunk people... see line #1... and I did wind up helping to arrest 3 folks that week for D&D. Which meant, about a month later, I had to fly back to DC to go to court. Good times, good times.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Sorry I am going to agree with Mikkey, Green Day is a great band. And of course they were influenced by the Clash, they'd be the first ones to tell you, and probably the first ones to admit they couldn't compare. And the genre is "pop punk", you can like it or not like it, but that's what it's called.

Is Surly Bill a failed musician?

Dave - I first heard about Green Day way back in 1994 when the Dookie album came out and have been a fan ever since. I’ve always classed them as power pop...but they look and act like punks on stage with a bit of eyeliner glam. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Sorry you have been mistreated on a free message board.

I've never been mistreated on a free message board. You shouldn't make baseless claims.

VDOT 53.37 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I'm sorry, saying as a cop you would kick anyone's ass, regardless of the reason, is assault. I'm glad this thread had a bunch of moderators patting themselves on their back for how hard it is to moderate, and yet not a single person is calling out these disgusting posts.

Rlopez, I don't care what people are doing, being proud of kicking people's ass as a cop is exaclty what's wrong with the attitude of police today (militant attitude, us vs them, looking to kick people's asses).

This is awful. I hope the moderators here understand this, bragging about assault as a cop is not cool, regardless of what any perpetrator was doing. This is exaclty what everyone is protesting about in America: tough guy cops proud of this nonsense.

Edit: I've been informed Rlopez is "joking" and wasn't a cop. My post still stands. Inappropriate on actually even more levels.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Prince of Fatness

Hmm. I’ve been here since 2008 I think. In all of that time I’ve seen Eric intervene in a thread less than a handful of times. He’s posted twice in one thread just recently. 

Yet it’s the moderators. The same ones that have been here all of these years. Got it.

Not at it at all. 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Hmm. I’ve been here since 2008 I think. In all of that time I’ve seen him intervene in a thread less than a handful of times. He’s posted twice in one thread just recently. 

Yet it’s the moderators. The same ones that have been here all of these years. Got it.

How does that make it okay to joke about assaulting people as a cop in today's environment? And not Eric to be clear. I meant other moderators.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I’m sorry that you are uncomfortable here. As stated in the original post for this thread, just read is generally unmoderated. As stated in the original post for this thread, this thread is generally unmoderated. Feel free not to participate in this thread if you do not like it.