The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

Prince of Fatness

^ Because it’s just the flu. You don’t treat the flu with antibiotics. Everyone knows that.

Not at it at all. 

Running Problem

Problem Child

DNA can’t be killed by antibiotics. 
      Bacteria is killed by antibiotics. 
      the flu vaccine everyone except anti-vaxxers get annually is an injection of the flu virus(es) at a low dose so your body can build its own defense against the DNA strands replicating.

Now that we've cleared up any confusion around the meaning of "wild west" and the first amendment, can someone tell me why we don't just treat the virus with "very strong" antibiotics?

Prec'!

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Running Problem

Problem Child

As the shut up and listens applies to what I said, you were constantly yammering from a perspective of white privilege. I get it, you were not born here. Yet you benefit from it too. 

But mostly, damn dude, post after post after long post. Meanwhile people are explaining stuff and you are like OH NO NO NO.

So ok then.

A Russian born naturalized citizen of the United States perspective of white privilege...wow.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Antibiotics don't work on viruses. They work with bacteria.

Using antibiotics may actually make fighting CV19 more difficult for the body, because beneficial bacteria are also killed off. Read: probiotics, microbiome

That said, antibiotics might alleviate some OTHER thing the body is fighting so that it can spend more effort combatting CV19. The only "cure" so far is the body's own mechanisms. Drugs and treatments and procedures help the body stay alive long enough to defeat the virus by reducing symptoms; these things don't attack the virus itself.

The methodology of a vaccine is to stimulate production of antibodies by you own body. So again, your body is doing the fighting against the virus, not some chemical compound injected into it. Vaccines give it a head-start.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

mikeymike

It appears I have once again used a brand of sarcasm too subtle for the gsp. That was my bad. Carry on as you were.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

You need to use the sarcasm font.

Or the sarcasm punctuation mark.

oh dang, I did not see the sarcasm font! Probably cuz I splashed a little bleach in my eyes when I was gargling it to prevent CV19, and to stop 5G from reading my mind.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

oh dang, I did not see the sarcasm font! Probably cuz I splashed a little bleach in my eyes when I was gargling it to prevent CV19, and to stop 5G from reading my mind.

^ He gets it! 

rlopez

A Russian born naturalized citizen of the United States perspective of white privilege...wow.

Um, you don't understand white privilege do you?

rlopez

Now that we've cleared up any confusion around the meaning of "wild west" and the first amendment, can someone tell me why we don't just treat the virus with "very strong" antibiotics?

Prec'!

When MRSA tried to off me, I had to go through 4 days (probably 12 bags?) of vancomycin. That was some bullshit. Also just as expensive as my chemo, but I didn't barf.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Um, you don't understand white privilege do you?

Why don’t you explain it to me?

Actually why don’t you start an entire thread about it and keep people’s race out of the discussion on COVID 19? I’m very interesting to know what this ‘white privileged’ I keep hearing about is.

VDOT 53.37 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sorry brother. Race and COVID19 are linked in the US. 

Also, it’s cute that you have that lil chip on your shoulder about the new thread being started.

rlopez

Why don’t you explain it to me?

Actually why don’t you start an entire thread about it and keep people’s race out of the discussion on COVID 19? I’m very interesting to know what this ‘white privileged’ I keep hearing about is.

I don't really need to explain it. It is kind of encapsulated here.

Anyway, a thread was started with parameters and I'm playing within them. Sorry you disagree; that is your right.

Have a pleasant evening and don't forget to tip your server.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I found an abstract for an article about which antibiotics to use for which virus--link.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Given all the knowledge on this thread about the first ammendment, I'm looking forward to the justification on why protests (which likely will be superspreader events with thousands of people in close quarters across multiple cities) are okay but church gatherings are not

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19)