Three Weeks Without Running! (Read 792 times)

Member Since 2008

It's now been three weeks since I have been able to run due to my hip being in pain. I have an appointment today, hopefully I will be back at it soon.
    btb1490

Good luck and let us know how the appointment goes.

Dog-Love

That is a big bummer...I hope you figure out what's going on
        Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

My legs are killing me

Me too! I ran a 10k on New Year day and strained a groin muscle. I haven't done anything in three weeks with the exception of testing it yesterday. I had pain at the mile and half mark so I quit. I just set an appt with the doctor for thurs. I'm going out of my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh IT SUCKS BEING A COUCH POTATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Good Luck Ken. Hope the doc can help ease the pain.
            http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
              good luck and a piece of advice from someone who has been stupid before...when you get the go ahead to begin again.... START SLOWLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Member Since 2008

Thanks everyone. Appointment went well, turns out my hip is locked up. The left side is 7mm lower that the right side and the sacriatic nerve is being compressed. I start three weeks of therapy tomorrow. This sucks. And I will definitely go slow when this is all over with.
                obiebyke

Good luck!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

how did it happen, or was one side always lower and it just became painful? i wish you the best in recovery.
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, yeah...owie--how does that happen?! I hope it clears up fast!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Slow but Happy!

Hope all goes well for you. I'm just getting over a similar injury. My hips were out of wack and it was compressing my sciatic nerve. I was a little slower to take the hint that something was really wrong though and haven't run for about 7 months-I was trying to be a trooper Sad. Not one of my brighter ideas. I've been in physical therepy for about 2 months now. It's worked wonders. I hope you recover much more quickly. I definately feel your pain...in the mean time, take it slow Smile.
                        "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." W.C. Fields

Member Since 2008

Smile

Member Since 2008

I am going to a Chiropractor. I hope I made the right choice there. They said after eighteen visits and $650 later, I will be better that before.
                              that's 18 visits just to get close to fixed...then there will be maintenance visits....and possibly orthotics to fix your posture.... Tongue

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm taking 3 wks off to see if it helps with my foot (hence the avatar). I endured 30 excruciatingly boring minutes on the exercise bike today. Echhh. Not fun. And my dog/coach/running partner Daisy is really pissed!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016