Are you a member of a running club? (Read 1392 times)

If you live in the Davis County area, Utah, you are welcome to join the South Davis Road Runners for a weekly run. for more information visit www.sdroadrunners.com Run Happy, Lora Are you a member in your area? If so, share with me your favorite things that your club has done. Added 10/30 we just had a free education clinic for our group (just so you know our group is still young - this month marks one-year). The clinic covered the latest technology and speed training. I would love to hear what suggestions this group has for other specific topics to cover. Our next clinic is in January. Do any other clubs do this too?
    "Live Healthy" www.blonderunner.com/blog/ Goal: Under 18:00 min in 5K
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If you live in the Davis County area
      Just curious -- what area is that?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

I belong to a running club. I like our weekly Lights and Tights over the winter. The running store loans us head lamps and we run in a well lit area. It's fun. I think my running club definitely helped me to be able to finish my first marathon.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The Nashville Striders, an awesome group! http://www.nashvillestriders.com

Giants Fan

I am a member of our local group and feel the same way about my marathon training. Without the group I might never have finished my training let alone the race!

"I think I've discovered the secret of life- you just hang around until you get used to it."

Charles Schulz

#artbydmcbride

Yes, the most awesomest running club evah!!

Runners run

Jill_B

I fly.

I wish. I used to be in a great club (Nashville Striders). I haven't found one here yet (South Jersey). Sad

Bring it on.

A Saucy Wench

I'm a member but never get to any of the group runs. But they sponsor lots of great races and I like the discounts they have set up at all the running stores.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Just joined my local one, and thanks to two great people I met through it, just ran my fastest pace since high school! They have club runs 3x a week, a Christmas party, a summer picnic, and they sponsor a summer race series for the kids in town, which gets a lot of participation.
                      I'm a "member" of the Boulder Trail Runners. It's not really a club, per se. We have 5-7 runs a week, but there are no dues, officers, etc. Just a big (1450 people) email list used to plan runs and share info. They are a great group... I've learned a ton from running with them.

I belong to Dirigo, R.C., a USATF-NE sanctioned team that I race for. We are pretty competitive. I train with the Trail Monsters, and race for them in trail races where there isn't a team fielded by Dirigo. I also belong to the Maine Track Club, but I don't race for them. I just joined to help support running in Southern Maine and they do a lot of good things (as long as you ignore the internal politics.) Technically, I also belong to a club through the Maine Running Company (which is where I coach) since everything is sanctioned through there for insurance reasons.
                        Just curious -- what area is that?
                        I'm guessing Utah?

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

#artbydmcbride

I guess South Dakota! Big grin

Runners run

We are pretty competitive.
                            We, on the other hand http://fogrunning.com are most assuredly not. We are a motley crew of middle-aged duffers who couldn't scrape up a competitive time between us. However, we do have a lot of fun, although it's mostly from running to the start lines of races because the subways were screwed up and we didn't get up early enough.
                              Three Rivers Runners Club in Pittsburgh. First year of club, so not a lot of folks come to the weekly runs. It's set up by a great shop, Elite Runners and Walkers, which is involved with a lot of races. The owner is great and does a LOT for the running community. And I consider runningahead a club, too.
                              Scout7

I am not. That would require being involved with real people. No thanks. I run to get away from them, not spend more time with them.