What is the ("Bleep")iest thing you have had happen while running? (Read 394 times)

beachrun

I was running a trail near sunset and surprised a raccoon coming out of some tall grass.  He let out out a sort of growl and it scared the crap out of me.

Another time some teenager yelled out  Weirdo!" It bothered me for a moment but then I was wondering.  How did he know me?

Wing

Joggaholic

Since there seems to be an animal theme going, here's my share, nothing too exciting though. I run at night in the suburbs, so I'm easily startled.

- Spooked by deers, racoons, skunks, cats, big overly-friendly dogs, and plenty of humans (throwing things or just swearing out the car window)

- Almost twisted my ankles a couple times leaping around turds that suddenly jump before my footfall (toads)

- Ran next to a shoulder-height backyard fence/wall and spooked by a possum running along about 2 feet from my face

- Saw a yard(meter)-long snake sunbathing in the middle of the trail. It's in the morning so I spotted it before getting too close. I stopped to take pictures.

- There are mountain lion sightings where I run, fortunately I haven't run into one yet

pae

Last summer while cycling, a dog jumped out of the window of a moving vehicle in an effort to chase me.

Fool. I don't need to "break" into runners' cars. They leave their keys sitting on a rear tire so I can have easy access.

----- Hmmm,, I am guilty of leaving the keys on the rear tire.  I thought I was "playing it smart" by not leaving them on the front tire.  Big grin

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞