Garmin - love it - how about you? (Read 1894 times)

I love my Garmin! What do you think about it? Do you think it takes the fun away from running or does it get you jazzed up to improve? Run Happy, Lora Added 11/3 What does everyone think about the nikeplus?
    "Live Healthy" www.blonderunner.com/blog/ Goal: Under 18:00 min in 5K
    Kimmie

I would say for the most part, I love it. I've recently started moving away from it and trying to run based on feel. It's tricky, but I think it's a good tool. One thing I like/dislike about it is that it's made me lazy to scope out routes. I used to put some thought into where I was going to run ahead of time, because I wanted to clock it. Now, I just go out the door and turn around at whatever miles my watch says is the halfway point. That's convenient, but I think I'd like to go back to thinking about the routes ahead of time.
        I'm new to mine. I'm still undecided. I like being able to verify splits and keep more accurate track of my pace during a run. I love it for interval and tempo work. However, most of my runs are in fairly wooded areas, and signal drops quite often. That makes it less effective as both a distance and pace tool. It often disagrees with measured route distances by enough distance to throw off times, which makes me question which calculations I should use. I think I will use it on my open runs, but when I am down along the river, in the trees, I will leave it at home and just use the trusty old G-Shock stopwatch.

"I aim to misbehave."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Blonderunner, I see what you are doing. Nice. Love the blond jokes on your website too. Wink
            I'm new to mine. I'm still undecided. I like being able to verify splits and keep more accurate track of my pace during a run. I love it for interval and tempo work. However, most of my runs are in fairly wooded areas, and signal drops quite often. That makes it less effective as both a distance and pace tool. It often disagrees with measured route distances by enough distance to throw off times, which makes me question which calculations I should use. I think I will use it on my open runs, but when I am down along the river, in the trees, I will leave it at home and just use the trusty old G-Shock stopwatch.
            I was had the same issue on my trail run the first time when I forgot to move my foot pod to my trail shoes. I use the footpod anyway for turnover but it works perfectly if I lose signal. I think it uses the GPS and then reverts to the footpod when the gps drops or something.
            You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here

Go Pre!

Blonderunner, I see what you are doing. Nice. Love the blond jokes on your website too. Wink
              I'm sold! MTA: How do others not catch on to this shit?
              C-R

This seems like a definite GETM?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

She has a similar ad-type post in health and nutrition.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Menace to Sobriety

This seems like a definite GETM?
                    What's a GETM? Confused

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

The Greatest of All Time

all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                      TJoseph

I'm sold! MTA: How do others not catch on to this shit?
                        Because it kind of technical and not everyone understands SEO. She is trying to improve the search engine ranking of her site. One way to do that is to have a lot backlinks from other related sites with a high ranking. By posting links to her site here she is getting free backlinks from RA.
                          I was had the same issue on my trail run the first time when I forgot to move my foot pod to my trail shoes. I use the footpod anyway for turnover but it works perfectly if I lose signal. I think it uses the GPS and then reverts to the footpod when the gps drops or something.
                          Thanks! Lora www.blonderunner.com
                          "Live Healthy" www.blonderunner.com/blog/ Goal: Under 18:00 min in 5K

Member Since 2008

My Garmin saves me alot of gas since I do not have to get in my car and re-drive the route to see how far I ran. Love it!
                              Because it kind of technical and not everyone understands SEO. She is trying to improve the search engine ranking of her site. One way to do that is to have a lot backlinks from other related sites with a high ranking. By posting links to her site here she is getting free backlinks from RA.
                              Huh? Because most people don't/didn't even know there was shit to be caught on to. Almost sounds like an inside nudge-wink between IT and web developer types.

Bugs

I have both. I would like to run them both over with my car, more so the nikeplus because it is not very accurate, but it was free. I'm anal about numbers so it enables me to log lots of useless stuff. I often think that if I just ran HARD on my hard days and ran very EASY on my recovery days that I would not need a silly watch and may actually train better with this method.

Bugs