"Insanity" Workout Program (Read 2716 times)

Anybody seen the commercial for the Insanity workout program?  I like that no special equipment is required.  Just you and your body.  Am wondering how beneficial it would be for ultra running.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Right on Hereford...

Insanity.  Am wondering how beneficial it would be for ultra running.

Hmm. Quite beneficial, I think. Perhaps even required.

OMG! How strange you mention the 'insanity' workout.  I stumbled across this same exact video the other day.  Thought it was interesting and poked around a bit.  They sell the dvd's for ~$120 and thought I could find them cheaper on ebay, no luck.

i sacrificed the gift

It just came out a couple of weeks ago.  Expect pirated copies to be available for half price on ebay soon.
          Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
          Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
          Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

If you are not ready for Insanity, you can try the same guys "Hip Hop Abs".  Guess it wasn't selling well anymore, so he had to try something new.

Marylander

More value in these sites, including lots of free stuff:

http://www.rosstraining.com/

http://www.trainforstrength.com/exercises.shtml

Kirk

Well, Coach said he'd let me do the Insanity workouts if I didn't want to run ultras for awhile.  He prefers I save the "insanity" for my 20 mile trail runs.  BUT, before I got his email, I did my 30 min stationary biking today, then did the 10 min warm up I found on YouTube.  Well, let's just say that after 30 min on the bike, the warm up wasn't just a warm up anymore.  Holy cow!  Then I had to add my own wacko cardio routine, and suffice to say my body is a tad tired tonight.

I may look for cheapo versions of it later on, for m downtime in training.  But when that's gonn happen is anybody's guess since I have a trail marathon at the end of this month, a 50k in December and February, and my first 50-miler (ack!) in April.  Not much downtime between now and then.

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group