Resting Heart Rate (Read 1605 times)

You trying to start a fight?

not really.  I only have 5 fights left before I die so it is interesting that I save them.

MTA: I meant important and not interesting. 

How many arguments are there in a fight?  I'm not familiar with the metric system.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Commies

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

If your fight last an hour, how many beats per minute are you going to figure towards your daily beats to subtract from your final lifetime beat total?

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Three.

I like the answer (makes sense).... but, why, then, would we exercise, and stress out our heart for an hour or two, and make it work harder than normal?

Wouldn't it be better to always be between 70 & 100?

BTW, I like Doug's response as well.  I've thought often about how close to that final beat I may be....  Doesn't seem like it's a great thing to think about though...

Not ever beat is created equal. You also have to take into account the blood pressure at which it is beating. The lower the pressure and slower heart rate keeps the heart from 'wearing out'.

To answer 'why do we stress our heart by working out?': If you stress the heart (just like any muscle, it will grow and perform more efficiently => even lower pressure with even slower heart rate => less overall strain on the heart. 

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If your fight last an hour, how many beats per minute are you going to figure towards your daily beats to subtract from your final lifetime beat total?

Is there a field for this when logging the activity on RA?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Is there a field for this when logging the activity on RA?

You can create your own custom activity.  I fear we cannot track heartbeats per fight, however.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm wondering how thread derailments per hour correlates to fights per hour divided by resting heart rate.

Not ever beat is created equal. You also have to take into account the blood pressure at which it is beating. The lower the pressure and slower heart rate keeps the heart from 'wearing out'.

To answer 'why do we stress our heart by working out?': If you stress the heart (just like any muscle, it will grow and perform more efficiently => even lower pressure with even slower heart rate => less overall strain on the heart. 

Thanks, Peter.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I'm wondering how thread derailments per hour correlates to fights per hour divided by resting heart rate.

Feel free to be the PI on this study.

Hmm...thread derailment as a type of workout...

I havent read all the previous replies, but my understanding is as follows. Each beat of your heart pumps oxygen around your body. The stronger your heart, the more efficiently it pumps oxygen around. So if you have a slower resting heart beat, that suggests your heart is strong and pumping oxygen around efficiently. If your heart is weak, it will pump less oxygen around with each beat and so need to beat more often.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Not correct.

There are numerous factors contributing to heart rate.  Stroke volume is only one of them, and stroke volume is not a specific indicator of heart strength.

"run" "2" "eat"

hey, ternt -- instead of only pointing out when someone is wrong, perhaps you could supply quality information that is correct and comprehensive. your posts would increase measurably on the helpful scale if you would, you know, be a bit more helpful.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey Waffles!!

I was responding to a post that included the comment that the poster "havent read all the previous replies".  If the poster had, the poster would have seen the answer.

Yer welcome.