Quorn ? (Read 792 times)

Any folks here tried Quorn ?

Vim

xor

I've had it in its gardenburger-esque form. Quorn is pretty common up here. Is ok. I don't go out of my way to buy it.

I often get the chicken(less) burger patties and nuggets, and find them much better than other brands. They tend to be crispier outside and have a better texture inside.

-------------------------------------
        5K - 18:25 - 3/19/11
        10K - 39:38 - 12/13/09
        1/2 - 1:29:38 - 5/30/10
        Full - 3:45:40 - 5/27/07

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Yes, huge fan of the fried chicken products. Less of a fan of the meatballs or the chicken cutlets. Hate the hotdogs. Love the faux grounds - we make mock-os (macos? meatless tacos?) with them quite often.
          pitrunner

Loooove them! They're by far my favorite for nuggets and patties. I sometimes throw the naked cutlets into spaghetti or other pasta/veggie dishes for extra protein.

A Saucy Wench

yummy I buy them when I have a craving for a chicken sandwich a'la fast food. And the nuggets. I'm not a vegetarian at all, but I think they are really good.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
                  Quorn is a town in Leicestershire, England, a few miles from where I was born, nice little river outside the town. Nice place.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

A Saucy Wench

yes mr. poptart man

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

yes mr. poptart man
                      But I've never had a meat poptart.

Quorn is a town in Leicestershire, England, a few miles from where I was born, nice little river outside the town. Nice place.
                        No no no, quorn is that zen-like state of mind that Rod Tisdale (Cuba Gooding Jr.) kept referencing in Jerry MaGuire.

Old, Slow, Happy

That's what I'm sayin'. I try to eat as fresh and unprocessed as possible. This seems processed to me.

jules2

How are you Simon, you beat me to it I was going to say its a village down the road from me! Seriously there was some kind of health scare a little while ago I think a very small number of people react badly to it.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

A Saucy Wench

yes, it is fungus based, which kind of automatically puts it in a high potential allergen category I think. If you have a penecillin allergy I wouldnt touch Quorn with a 90 foot pole. But meanwhile, if I am looking at Quorn nuggets vs. Chicken nuggets...well they are all pretty processed and so Quorn wins. Big grin I think it actually tastes BETTER than chicken.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

My 2-year-old pops the nuggets in his mouth like there's no tomorrow. Which is great because he won't eat most meat or tofu products, and lately has been defiant about black beans/rice/cheese.
                                Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.