Twin Cities Shirt -- I Have To Ask (Read 1523 times)

I've had mine awhile, but I just keep looking at it and wondering.  Does anyone else's look like this?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Oh roo roooo!

You know, that IS odd--I didn't notice until I saw your post and then had to go look at mine.  It is the same.  Kind of weird--not really slanted enough to look as if it's deliberate, but yet certainly not level either....

an amazing likeness

What's wrong with it, am I just missing some misspelling that's obvious?  Confused

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

The graphic is applied on a slant.  This image probably makes it hard to see, since I was holding the camera up and couldn't see the viewfinder as I was snapping the pic.

I actually emailed the TCM folks after I got home in October and asked.  The reply said it was put on that way on purposes, with the goal of looking creative.  Yeah, that could be it ... but it just seemed to fall into that grey, this-one-got-screwed-up area between horizontally-aligned and creative.  Thought I'd ask.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

an amazing likeness

The graphic is applied on a slant. 

Oh. Looks jaunty and sporty...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I look my best blurry!

One person's artsy is another's awkward.  It makes my eyes hurt a little and my neck bend to the left when I look at it.  

joescott

Well, Clive, it looks just like mine if it makes you feel any better, but I agree, I also wondered at first whether it was intentional or not.  I've decided I really like it, regardless of whether it is artsy or annoying.  Smile

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

#artbydmcbride

.....screwed-up area between horizontally-aligned and creative. 

Big grin

Runners run

It's probably pregnant. It's missed three periods.

MTA: Make that seven.

i think its bad typography. i get the slant, but i think it would look more appropriate if the letters were too.

I look my best blurry!

I've decided I really like it, regardless of whether it is artsy or annoying.  Smile

I like this approach.  Make a decision and stick with it!  Just put the darn thing on and don't look at it anymore if it gives you a headache.   Now what do I do with my NYC marathon shirt?  Size small(smallest available) would fit a large man.   I'm not a shrimp.  I'm 5'5" and it hangs to my finger tips and below my butt.  Grrr...  Should I just put it on and look like I'm wearing a nightie?  Belt it and wear it like a mini dress?  With leggings or without?  Should I have it altered?  If close to half of the runners in a race are women, can't they at least have an XS small option?  I'm not asking for a babydoll T fit or anything.  I just want to actually be able to wear it! 

Jlynne

Mine is the same. Maybe the slant is supposed to signify some of the hills on that course.

Best Present Ever

I like this approach.  Make a decision and stick with it!  Just put the darn thing on and don't look at it anymore if it gives you a headache.   Now what do I do with my NYC marathon shirt?  Size small(smallest available) would fit a large man.   I'm not a shrimp.  I'm 5'5" and it hangs to my finger tips and below my butt.  Grrr...  Should I just put it on and look like I'm wearing a nightie?  Belt it and wear it like a mini dress?  With leggings or without?  Should I have it altered?  If close to half of the runners in a race are women, can't they at least have an XS small option?  I'm not asking for a babydoll T fit or anything.  I just want to actually be able to wear it! 

This is my biggest pet peeve.  They call them "unisex" and what that means is 'men's' sizing. I'm not tiny either, and they are all too big. 

Another complaint I hear about NYC alot. A friend of mine didn't even take the shirt, cuz they said all they had left was men's large, and she is a fairly small girl. You would really thing the LEAST they could do is give you a shirt that fits for the money you pay! She ended up going into the city to buy her own.

I look my best blurry!

Mine is the same. Maybe the slant is supposed to signify some of the hills on that course.

Hills in MN?  What hills?  I didn't see any.  Maybe you mean the on and off ramps on the highways!