My last run was.... (Read 1253 times)

Wandering Wally

JeffCT - Way to go!

Last run was 5 miles.  Temp was hovering around 0.  No wind, so it was actually pretty nice once I got warmed up.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Don't call me Buttercup!

My last run was 11 days ago.  *sob*   Chest congestion + hacking cough + 19 degree weather = Di is couch bound and cranky.

Thank you all for running so I can live vicariously!

Slow and steady wins the....  wait a second! I've been lied to! 

degregorius

Yesterday, 3 miles around the track at the local Y.  Some crunches afterwards.

NHLA

Jeff  I forgot about this thread.  8.6 miles 1 hr 20 min   7 miles 50 min   7.2 miles 52 min.

jmsab23

Pushed a 10k on the TM tonight - 44:38, then went on to 6.42 miles so I could hit 1,000 calories. 46:07 finish. Was pretty spent but recovered quickly.

Melody.... not that it matters too much now, with the cold air heading out, but I've heard of rubbing the legs with some type of muscle treatment (Ben Gay, Atomic Balm, etc.) before running in the very cold weather. I've never done it, because, well, I never run in the very cold weather.  Although I thought about it for a couple minutes the other day when I went out to get the mail -- stood in the driveway for a bit, and said "Maybe just a couple miles to say I did it." But by the time I finished my thought my face was frozen and I hurried back inside.

Degregorious..... Way to go getting the miles in in the Windy City. I'm guessing your temps were especially bad with the wind chill.

"No man can ever know all he needs until he first knows himself."---- James Steele

PRs:

5K - 20:39.   4-mile - 28:15.    5-mile - 35:36.     10k - 44:51.   HM - 1:38:23.  FM: 3:36:25

NHLA

7.2 miles 52 min. Ice but its melting.

Di2.0 Bummer about the chest congestion/cold! Heal up soon.

mjsmith1223 Awesome job in the cold!!

degregorius and NHLA **High Fives**!!

jmsab23 That is GREAT advice regarding the cold, thanks!! Funny: " But by the time I finished my thought my face was frozen and I hurried back inside." Big grin

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

Warmed up enough for me to break away from the TM and do a poor man's version of a Melody run last night; 8.4 miles in balmy 18 degrees / 9 windchill, on a few inches of fresh snow. Quite enjoyable.

Dave

DaveP MI Nice! Big grin We're going to see nearly 18 degrees as a high today...whoot!

*My Art Website  *My Run For The Critters

1980 Humboldt Redwoods Marathon  PRs:  5K 31 • 10K 1:09 • HM 2:43

July 29th, 2017 Jug End Loop Ultra (Half MarathonTrail Run) 

RabbitChaser

My last walk was a good 11.5 mile walk this morning at an avg. pace of 13:14/mile. The last 0.5 mile was done at an 11:44/mile pace. It felt good!

NHLA

10 miles 1 hr 27 min. Still some ice on dirt roads.

Not dead. Yet.

I had a nice, but hard 10 miles in 65 degrees, sunny warmth.  I ran it more like a race than a LSD.  I'm sore, but the run gave me a better idea of what my HM pace really is.  I finished my carry along bottle at about mile 9, and that has me worried about the coming summer.  If I'm already running out of water on 10 mile runs in 65 degrees, how much water am I going to need to carry on 15 or 16 mile runs in temperatures pushing 100?  I guess I will need to get a camel-back with a bigger reservoir.  I'd actually like to find some sort of sling to wear instead of a backpack, but haven't found anything yet.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

NHLA

stizazzo  You can refill your water bottle along the way at any church. They are everywhere down here and will not shoot you for using their hose. Love that hose water in the summer. Reminds me of my childhood.

jmsab23

10 mile run at 8:06 pace (1:21), then walked it off for .5 mile. All while watching the X Games and Kansas-Oklahoma basketball.

sdizazzo... What type/how many ounces is your watewr bottle? How about a belt with up to four bottles?

NHLA.... When I was a teenager four of us went on a 135-mile bike ride for a week. We stopped to get a drink at a small town Post Office, and the lady told us where the spigot was. My friends all looked at each other and I said, "She wants us to use the hose." Then they got it.

"No man can ever know all he needs until he first knows himself."---- James Steele

PRs:

5K - 20:39.   4-mile - 28:15.    5-mile - 35:36.     10k - 44:51.   HM - 1:38:23.  FM: 3:36:25

Not dead. Yet.

sdizazzo... What type/how many ounces is your watewr bottle? How about a belt with up to four bottles?

It's a Nathan 22 oz, and I don't even really like carrying it.  I got a two bottle fuel belt for Christmas, but I think I would have a hard time wearing it even if it had four bottles.  I guess just don't feel like a real runner yet.  That's why I have the sling idea.  I feel like it would make me feel like Daniel Boone or the guy from Last of the Mohicans.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?