ID when running (Read 1742 times)

I always wear this while running on roads too. One thing I've learned while running is that there are ALOT of bad drivers out there and that doesn't even count the inconsiderate ones.
    My husband likes that I wear it so that if something happens to me they know who to call to come collect my carcass! Roll eyes Big grin

Michelle

Life is Good

My Husband just purchased the ID on me.. it was simple to use water resistant and adjustable www.idonme.com

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

Doug Little

Check our runnersid.com Plastic with a bunch of options. Very fast service. I wear mine 24/7 Doesn't beep at airports either.
          I wear the RoadID also. my wife is very happy that I'm weairng it, because I run while away form home sometimes, or away on vacation and strange spots as well as some trails up in the woods and have encountered a bear. It has lots of room for information, and is lightweight and convenient.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

HOSS1961

I just got the RoadID for my other wrist opposite thte Garmin. I run alot very early in the morning and by myself so it has given Mrs. HOSS some peace of mind.
            HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured

Hoping to Run Again :-(

I just got my RoadID and love the peace of mind. Felt a bit odd at first with Garmin on one wrist and ID on the other but I'm getting used to it. I just got the original wristband one.
              ~ Fly ~
              Only as much as I dream can I be.
              veggies on the run
                My wife loves the peace of mind she has knowing that I wear my road ID

LPH

De-slacking in progress

I always wear my road ID, just a simple wrist band that has my name, city, state, phone number and two contacts, and my allergy. My oldest son has one too for when he runs. http://www.roadid.com/common/id.aspx
                  I just got mine in the mail today- based on what you ppl had to say on this subject. Anyway- if you deceide to get one you can use this code to get $1.00 off on your order if you use it before 6/01/08 code is: ThanksMark369162

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Old, Slow, Happy

My daughter got me a Road ID for Christmas. I don't wear it when I run around home. I can dodge the cars pretty well when I'm running. I am always wearing it when I bicycle. That seems much more dangerous to me. I also wear it when I'm traveling on business and do my running in the morning. I think it makes sense to have something to help identify the body!!
                    Glide

I went to the Pet store and got one of the "Pet Tags" that you can engrave. I put all my important info. on it and laced it into my shoe laces at the bottom. I hope I never need it , but it is hard to miss, it's shaped like a dog bone!!

uncontrollable

I always wear my road ID, just a simple wrist band that has my name, city, state, phone number and two contacts, and my allergy. My oldest son has one too for when he runs. http://www.roadid.com/common/id.aspx
                        yup - that's what I have too.

peace

Oh, by the way, does everybody here know what "ICE" is? I'm not talking about the frozen stuff. "ICE" stands for "In Case of Emergency' It's a program started in England. You program ICE into your cell phone with the appropriate number to contact in case of an emergency. Paremedics, Firemen and policemen are started to catch on here in the USA to look for it. In my Cell phone, I have ICE1, 2 and 3. Home phome number, wife's work number and wife's cell phone number. I also did the same thing on my Road ID. Please pass this along, it's a great idea and is catching on.

LPH

Oh, by the way, does everybody here know what "ICE" is?
                            I use ICOE and never saw it used as ICE - seems a bit clearer to me. I put that on the front of my race bibs in permanent marker w/a phone number before most of my races.

Run to Win
                            25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I hate anything on my wrist. What is the one that goes on your shoe called?

- Anya

Swadvad

I use the RoadID that goes on the shoe laces. Can't feel it at all, but I am a bit concerned that it may not be noticed as easily as a wrist band.