What's the most unusual or humorous name of a race you've participated in? (Read 1258 times)

Run the race God set B4U

Krispy kreme challenge????? That's crazy!!!! I think I would probably be puking all the way back Tongue
    5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

Running on the ocean

End of March I ran the Coyote2Moon 100 miler. It's a race where one can collect bonus minutes or booner minutes depending how that runner "behaves". Like if a runner is complaining or whining he/she will receive booner minutes which means a certain amount of minutes will be added to his/her finishing time. Or if somebody collects trash along the trail she/he will receive bonus minutes; minutes substracted from her/his finishing time. In my example I finished in 37:43:48 but got a few bonus minutes so my official finisher time is 36:24:00. Also, runners MUST finish between 36 and 40 hours. It's a race with over 28'000 feet elevation gain. race report race pictures Jakob

You know when you're running a ultra marathon because the pain actually starts to hurt
      -- Jakob Herrmann
      my running achievements

mattyg

"Run With Cops Not From Them 5k" "Chuckanut Foot Race"
          I ran in a race called "chase the cookie" - which isn't that funny until you consider the fact that I puked at the finish line. I "tossed my cookies" at the "chase the cookie".

#artbydmcbride

Running Scared 5K (it was at Halloween)

Runners run

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Krispy kreme challenge????? That's crazy!!!! I think I would probably be puking all the way back Tongue
              Yes many people do!
                Yes many people do!
                The street sweepers and washers were out immediately after the event. It was really bad for the first 1/4 mile from the store and then really bad again once you approached the NC State Bell Tower. Half chewed - partially disgested glazed doughnuts are not a pretty thing. The guy that won last year rocked the course in around 24 minutes. Think about it - he ran 4 miles in that time (impressive by itself) but also consumed a dozen Krispy Kremes in the process. Hero status in my book. Kevin
                Don't let the fat fool you .....
                  There's a summer series of two races here in town. The first is called the Cherry Gracia and the second is Chunky Monkey. At the end they both serve pizza and of course, ben and jerrys ice cream! The downfall is that they are held at 7pm! Shocked
                  Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09
                    This post just made me think of a race I heard of once - I think it was called somethign like the "Donut Run". At each mile there were donuts. You got time taken off your finish time for every donut you ate during the race. I think some people actually finished with negative tiems because they ate so many donuts.
                    There's a similar race in my hometown called the "Chilidog Challenge." The route goes by all the chilidog-serving places in the area, and your finish doesn't count unless you eat one at each stop. I think the most oddly-named race I've done was the Annual Cross Country Classic on the Illinois state xc course. The race name was amusing because it was the first and only time the race was held, so it was neither annual nor classic Tongue

Diesel Power

I realize it's some kind of nautical term, but the "Screwpile 5K" is still pretty funny.

Run the race God set B4U

How many chili dog stops were there? Tongue I don't eat hot dogs at all, so I would not do that one!!! Chili & running.... Tongue Was it hot weather???
                        5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)
                          How many chili dog stops were there? Tongue I don't eat hot dogs at all, so I would not do that one!!! Chili & running.... Tongue Was it hot weather???
                          I've actually never run the race because I don't eat hotdogs either haha. I think it's a total of four, though, and I believe it takes place in July, so yes it is hot.
                            I've never run it, but the Ugly Mudder 10K trail race, somewhere in Pennsylvania, is on my short list of must runs. The application itself is a good read.
                            runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Hot Lips Hustle 5k host by Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Flight of the Vampire Possum Trot

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Of my 202 races, several have had unusual or humurous names or themes. But, a couple stand out in mind. One was the "Run With the Nuns 5k" in St. Petersburg, FL. It was sponsored by the nuns of St. Jude Cathedral School. I ran it twice (1999-2000). The first year I ran it, "Sister" Caroline rode a bike along the course during the race wearing full nun's habit. Her skirt was around her upper thighs as she rode alongside runners encouraging them. The following year, she ran the race and two other "sisters" rode bikes. As it turned out, none of them were really nuns, but local runners who had the permission of the real nuns to represent them in the race. I thought it was a nice touch. For anyone who is interested and has nothing better to do, here are my old 1999 and 2000 race reports. The other one that Imentioned in one of the Run With the Nuns reports was the "Race for the Pies 4 Mile Race" in Oldsmar, Fl, which I also ran in 1999 and 2000 a week after the "Run With the Nuns". The age and random group awards for this race were pies. I won one each year....a random award the first year and an age division award the second year. For race reports see 1999 here and 2000 here.