Back of the packers??? (Read 1143 times)

Cause I CAN

My goal is to beat 30 minutes in a 5K and maybe if I can get the nerve to do it again, do another marathon and finish in 5:30
    Liver Transplant - July 2, 1991
    http://terri7291.blogspot.com/
      I started out doing low HR training, running 14-15 minute miles. I definitely know where you're coming from. Anything faster than 12 minute miles felt like I was flying! I gave up low HR type training and now I run based on feel. As I became more fit I was able to run faster at the same perceived effort. Most of my runs are under a 10-10:30 pace, but I still do the occasional recovery run at a 12 minute pace.
        I've done 4 marathons, my best time was about 5:32, I think! I am a back of pack runner, but I enjoy it. At least I'm running Wink, while others wouldn't even try.
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Another Passion

Peach, having been to dozens and dozens of XC races from my daughter's running, I can honestly say that I cheered probably harder for the tail-enders of the races than for the leaders, or even for my own daughter for that matter. I have the utmost respect for anyone that just gets off their butt and gets out there in motion. My wife is always whining about how slow she is when she gets back from a run. My reply... you were out there doing it. Big grin And, like Ray said... you have the personal distinction to be able to say, "I am a marathoner." That is way cool! Cool

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Cause I CAN

Yeah I'm still not over that one, I look at my pictures and still think man i cant believe I did that....what was I thinking or on? Big grin

Half Fanatic #846

Hey Peach - I've been running pretty consistantly for over three years, have run a lot of shorter races, and am up to 32 miles a week now. But I'm still working on going the (marathon) distance. One of my dreams is to have a photo of me crossing the finish line of my first marathon. So, you've got me beat at any pace, IMHO. You Go!! Cool

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Cause I CAN

Hey Peach - I've been running pretty consistantly for over three years, have run a lot of shorter races, and am up to 32 miles a week now. But I'm still working on going the (marathon) distance. One of my dreams is to have a photo of me crossing the finish line of my first marathon. So, you've got me beat at any pace, IMHO. You Go!! Cool
                If someone told me a year ago I was going to run 6 miles I would've laughed....26 miles is way off of anything I dreamed about. I went into my training thinking something would happen and I wouldnt even get to start or I'd make it there and then not be able to make the cut off time. If I did it, anyone can.
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ditto! I think my longest week to date was about 38 miles. I'm planning on my first marathon in Fall '08. I'd like to be up to at least one 50 mile week before then. I have such a long way to go. Peach, you rock! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Cause I CAN

Kirsten - thanks, your avatar is cute Smile May I ask what the ladies locker room is about? I tried to get in but it asked me for some group password.

Beatin' on the Rock

Peach - I'm getting a vision of a new user group, with the same name as this thread...? Shy "If you build it, we will come".
                      Be yourself. Those that matter, don't mind. Those that mind, don't matter.
                        Kirsten - thanks, your avatar is cute Smile May I ask what the ladies locker room is about? I tried to get in but it asked me for some group password.
                        its just a girls only group. normal girlie chat kind of stuff - very friendly and supportive. its password protected to keep it girls only. if you email kirsten at the address on the group home page - and give her your user name - she'll send you the password.
                          Peach - I'm getting a vision of a new user group, with the same name as this thread...? Shy "If you build it, we will come".
                          hee hee! great idea! I'm just like everyone else here. I'm smokin' hot if I'm doing 11 minute miles but most of the time it's 12-13 min. miles. I'm usually one of the last people back from a group run (everyone in my running club is so much faster).

Cause I CAN

its just a girls only group. normal girlie chat kind of stuff - very friendly and supportive. its password protected to keep it girls only. if you email kirsten at the address on the group home page - and give her your user name - she'll send you the password.
                            Great, please do...email is peach4gold@hotmail.com
                              Hey, Peach, first of all, I think you're amazing to have accomplished so much in such a short time. I remember when you first started posting at that other site that shall remain nameless and was blown away by how quickly you were able to achieve your goal of running a marathon. Next, thank you for making it easier to sort of out myself as a back of the packer. I NEVER include my pace in the daily thread over on the masters forum, or anywhere else for that matter, because I feel like it's so lame. But, hey, I am out there putting in the miles, and I will run 440 miles this year, up from 294 over 10 months last year and ZERO the year before. So here goes: My YTD pace for 2007 is 12:59 minutes/mile; for this month it's 13:07. Since I started running in March, 2006, it's a blazing 13:52 overall. I'm a little disappointed that I'm not getting faster, well, faster or more quickly or whatever, but the benefits of running as slowly as I do outweigh that disappointment about a hundred times over. My goals for 2008 are to continue to slowly increase mileage (I'd like to get to 20-25 mpw), recommit to losing weight, and run slowly enough to remain injury-free. If I get faster, fine, as long as I can do it without having my running interrupted by an injury. Eliz Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

Cause I CAN

dont give me any ideas Big grin