3:20 Thrusts into RunningAhead in 2012 (Read 940 times)

Better I Leave

And elevation. Woof. I run at sea level, so put me more than 1,000 ft in elevation and I'm toast.

Ya know, it's surprising how many don't take that into consideration when training. When I trained for the 2011 Tough Mudder at Squaw Valley, I knew the 13 mile course started at over 6,000ft and "topped out" at over 9,000ft, therefore I ran trails up here all above 8,000ft. It paid of in spades. I aced the challenged whereas I saw many participants already "fading" within the first 3 miles.

Better I Leave

...Oh, and balls.

Schweddy balls. **grin**

Sir Diggby

Master of My Domain

Not sure if I like the new car smell?

You look so absurd, you look so obscene...

fb-guy

What about ass?

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

Jim E

What about ass?

Wow, you can say ass, and balls, and... other things over here? Someone tell GIM.

bhearn

Not only can you say ass...

fb-guy

5 @ 7:50. Half at 8:10 into the wind and half at 7:35 coming back. 61, 42, 20 for the past three weeks -- a totally wasted taper. Made up my mind to run CIM with a smile on my face. There is definitely an impossibly small chance that the weather will break for three hours and I will run a real race.

One last thing. I'm up to 9986 miles in the past four years, so I'll crack 10K just after the half. Cool.

bhearn

There is definitely an impossibly small chance that the weather will break for three hours and I will run a real race.

Yes there is. I hemmed and hawed before switching to Tuscon. Taper is now too long, and it's costing a ton extra too.

Actually the wind at this point looks almost more like a crosswind than a headwind, at least for most of the race.

nickshawn

Sir Mix a Lot

If I'm not mistaken Tucson is tops on GMaclin's spreadsheet for speediest marathons

Stig - how's the taper going

FB - taper is never wasted, never

SRL   - to answer you question 3:20 is less relevant to newcomers than it used to be but to us oldtimers it's more than just a goal time, it's the common thread that brought us all together.... (ok that sounded kind of sappy so strike that)

Super rare double for me today, 5.3 and then 6.2

Strict WTF adherent

Also, it's a dry altitude.

bhearn

3:20 is the time that is most dialed into my legs and my brain -- it was my BQ time for 5 years, and whenever I ran a non-goal race it was nice to have a BQ as a target, and convenient because it equated to a moderately hard training run.

Then my BQ time changed to 3:30, then 3:25, and now 3:20 doesn't mean anything... but I still find myself using it as a reference mark in casual marathons. I think the mile splits are hardwired in my brain by now. 7:40 first half, 7:35 second half, makes the math easy.

itstonz

Man its Hot Here

Just thought Id pop in and say "Hi" just incase this whole moving thing takes off

fb-guy

Come on Tonz. You can do it.

You even get a signature.

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

This should get R2H in here....

Now you got my attention..you forgot this one:

RTI

Testes 1 2 3