1367 miles, or a marathon per week

Upcoming Events? (Read 433 times)

I have the Big Sur marathon on the 26th of this month. Woohoo! What's your next event?

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Big Sur is a hilly marathon that is going to be hard I suppose, but the California coast line there sure is gorgeous. Are you going to fly over there for a marathon vacation Ultracassie? My next race might be Austin Congress Avenue Mile, although I haven't registered yet. And I am falling quiet behind our rabbit. I am still running side by side with the 1000 mile/year rabbit these days.
      I have the Big Sur marathon on the 26th of this month. Woohoo! What's your next event?

#artbydmcbride

Big Sur for me too. Smile

Runners run

Y'all have good time
          Big Sur for me too. Smile
            I am working on talking some of my running buddies into Big Sur next year, so I'm looking forward to reading your race reports! Next up for me is the American Cancer Society Run for the Reason starting May 1st - relay of nearly 400 miles from Dauphin Island, AL (south of Mobile) to just over the Georgia line. My part is 4.2 miles every 12 hours for 2.5 days, but I'm going to see if I can keep some of the other runners company to get in some more mileage. And then....Twisted Ankle Trail Marathon May 16

#artbydmcbride

.... And then....Twisted Ankle Trail Marathon May 16
              Yipes, I hope the name of that trail isn't too true! Shocked

Runners run

Big Sur is mostly a vacation trip with a 26.2 mile foot tour thrown in. The boyfriend and I are going to run the marathon and spend 5 days sight seeing. I've always wanted to see those redwoods! Where is the twisted ankle trail marathon?

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

It's in Summerville, GA which is somewhere in the North Georgia mountains. I've never been there but from the race reports I've read it looks like a lot of fun, and it's already sold out so it should be a good sized crowd (I think it's 175 each for marathon/half-marathon.) This will be my first trail race beyond about a 10K I think, but I did a lot of my long runs for my marathon training on the trails here, so I feel relatively good about it. I really am thinking hard about doing an ultra, so I figure this is a good first step to see if I want to take the plunge Smile Here's the link: http://www.rungeorgiatrails.com/twisted.html
                  celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Wow-- Big Sur is a popular one! I'm doing (surviving?) the Lincoln Marathon on May 3.

Chris
                    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Carl A

I've got a 10K coming up this weekend - the Fred Ciotti Memorial YMCA run It's my first 10K in several years and only the second one I've ever run, so I'm really looking forward to it. After that is the South Mountain 100K on May 30. Good luck everyone in your races, and have fun out there!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Any time goal for the 10K? 10K is my favorite distance. Did one on Mar 29 in 54:23.
                        I've got a 10K coming up this weekend - the Fred Ciotti Memorial YMCA run It's my first 10K in several years and only the second one I've ever run, so I'm really looking forward to it. After that is the South Mountain 100K on May 30. Good luck everyone in your races, and have fun out there!
                        Carl A

Any time goal for the 10K?
                          I was just thinking about that this morning! I guess I'm hoping to hit about 50:00, but I really don't know whether this goal is too aggressive or too easy. My previous 10K was somewhat over this time, although in that race the entire field got put on a side loop by a course marshal's mistake and we all ended up running about 7 miles. Mostly, I'm looking forward to the long-lost feeling of speed.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.