Lush Extraordinaire

I'm guessing around 150 again.

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

jeffdonahue

Shooting to beat July - probably about 230. 

But given that, I am off to a crappy start.  I tweaked my ankle on Sunday and am on a small hiatus for a few days to let it heal.  By my guess I will be about 15 miles behind that goal by the end of today.

MTA - I hit 210 for August - the tweaked ankle set me back the 20 miles I think.

#artbydmcbride

Ilene - you okay? 

Nope, I threw my back out (or so my doctor says) so I am not running until it stops hurting and I can run straight.

Smile  My goal is August 20 (my doctor says September 4, but hey, )

<sigh>

Runners run

Ugh, sorry to read that!  I had a similar problem last year in July with a bulging disc.  It basically made my July distance nonexistent last year.  Hope it gets better quickly!  Take good care of that back!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Gotta be over 100 to keep the bunny in sight... Let's shoot for 110.

2017 Goals
            1) Run more than 231 miles
            2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

LOL BigJoe!  (and good luck!)

Goals for me.

1. 220 miles

2. 5k PB 20.40 - 3rd August

3. Get under 55kg (121lbs)

4. And a seriously stretch goal - break 20mins for 5k - probably dependent on achieving (1) and (3) above! 19.59 - 10th August

2 and 4 done   

Finding 3 hard. 

1 is still possible but likely to be a close run thing.

Pulled my adductors/groin muscle...out for a few weeks I think.  Boo.
                  Pulled my adductors/groin muscle...out for a few weeks I think.  Boo.

Yuck

I have yanked my left buttock and have a tight IT Band now so very sore. I even woke up witht he pain last night but luckily I am tapering so will see how it settles down

Jerry
                  A runners blog-updated daily

#artbydmcbride

{{{knifey's groin}}}   {{{Jerry's butt}}}

Runners run

{{{knifey's groin}}}   {{{Jerry's butt}}}

Thanks, it feels better already

Jerry

Thanks, it feels better already

Agreed! 

Agreed! 

I went to a sports physio tonight and was diagnosed with piriformis syndrome. It appears my piriformis muscle had tightened and put pressure on my sciatic nerve.

Yank, pull, stretch and then the pain melted away (for now)

Jerry

I went to a sports physio tonight and was diagnosed with piriformis syndrome. It appears my piriformis muscle had tightened and put pressure on my sciatic nerve.

Yank, pull, stretch and then the pain melted away (for now)

Nice!  Glad you got fixed.  I assume he gave you PT to do on your own?  That should be manageable...right?

I massaged my calf/ankle and my groin pain went away.  No kidding.  I had sprained ankles last fall and they are still the bane of my existence.  Stupid ankles.  They were so inflexible they helped me pull a groin!  At least I know how to treat this now.  Got to get rid of this scar tissue.

So my update for my August mileage...assuming I am pain for 2 more days and can start running again next week...should be a whopping 50!!!  Woohoo!

I was saying today that it is amazing how we grumble about [a muscle] hurting so we make a point of stretching and prodding that muscle. Fine but the pain in my case was caused by nerve impulses from an injury/tightness somewhere else.

The session cost me £20/$31 and has worked wonders. I have a series of stretches to do which can be done at my desk so that is a bonus as long as my colleagues don't mind me wincing and groaning everso often.

As for mileage, I am doing a short taper at the moment and will be doing an 85-90 mile trail race next weekend so I should be on about 220 miles this month

Jerry

I have somehow managed to maintain my lead on the bunny despite next to nothin' mileage in August.  Crisis averted.