3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2018 Hurtlocker Race Calendar & Race Times (Read 32 times)

C-R

I will be celebrating 365 days of sobriety on April 14 by participating in my first race since 2012!

Only been training since Jan 1, no goal but my hope is to break 24:00.

My first ever "Couch to 5K" Smile

Awesome. Big time props!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks C-R!

Maybe one day we shall again run together. PWP

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

DoppleBock

Nice !

I know I have a bad relationship with alcohol.  But instead of breaking it off, I continue to try to learn how to have a good relationship.  I am always happy for people that recognize the facts of their relationship and embrace sobriety.

I will be celebrating 365 days of sobriety on April 14 by participating in my first race since 2012!

Only been training since Jan 1, no goal but my hope is to break 24:00.

My first ever "Couch to 5K" Smile

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

CR ... don't you owe us some results ???

Just a dude.

April 21st - Healthy Parks Healthy People 5k 

The course is more like cross country than a road race. (In fact, it is the site of one of my most frustrating races ever in high school...  Wink

MTA - Ok, ran the course last night. It is very hilly, mostly either loose dirt or rocky lumpy stuff. My goal is sub 23:15, and that feels really aggressive.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Good Luck Kelly! I wish you well.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Thanks DB!

Allow me to qoute Yoda by saying, "No! Try not! Do or do not, there is no try."  “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” Wink

*MTA: Add me to calendar.....4/14 pRED - Run for Mercy 5k, Nashville,TN - Goal < 24:00

Nice !

I know I have a bad relationship with alcohol.  But instead of breaking it off, I continue to try to learn how to have a good relationship.  I am always happy for people that recognize the facts of their relationship and embrace sobriety.

Ricky

DoppleBock

I use that line a lot with my kids.

I find it a balance between the short term pleasure and how much it negatively impacts my next day.  The older I get the more alcohol negatively impacts the next day.

Thanks DB!

Allow me to qoute Yoda by saying, "No! Try not! Do or do not, there is no try."  “Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” Wink

*MTA: Add me to calendar.....4/14 pRED - Run for Mercy 5k, Nashville,TN - Goal < 24:00

DoppleBock

CR - Are you on for the Carmel Marathon ?

DoppleBock

I added the NK50K - End to End fatass race on the Ice Age Trail in the Northern Kettle Moraine state park (WI) - I originally had a meeting that day and it was cancelled.

I am not hill - technical trail - aerobically prepared for 50k on this trail ... 4/5 for technical rating.  But if I am going to make the 50 Mile Ice Age race on the Ice Age Trail in the Southern Kettle Moraine May 12 ... this is a stepping stone.

Fun Fatass - Self timed "Run" ... not a race.  $12 - Bus ride from finish to start, 6-7 low key aide stations at road crossings and a cooler of PBR at the finish.  Last year I was much more prepared and it was a little over 6 hours.  This year I will be ultra conservative and just plod along ... I just want to finish.

When you doing this one? I like the idea, define low key aid stations.

Fun Fatass - Self timed "Run" ... not a race.  $12 - Bus ride from finish to start, 6-7 low key aide stations at road crossings and a cooler of PBR at the finish.  Last year I was much more prepared and it was a little over 6 hours.  This year I will be ultra conservative and just plod along ... I just want to finish.

Also, change my April 14th 5k goal to Sub-23. Going for it!

Ricky

DoppleBock

Report is the trail has a lot of ice and I am not in trail shape.  We are to get 6-10 inches of snow tonight and then highs in low to mid 30s for the week with lows in the teens.  I dropped to the 25k option ... It is reasonable for my current fitness and disdain for long cold runs.

This also allows me to play walleyball Saturday night after the race ... My youngest daughter is having a fiend over and the want to play walleyball.

C-R

CR - Are you on for the Carmel Marathon ?

Ran a 3:31:25. Missed BQ by 1:26.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

Sorry for the missed goal !

You could have a big fat guy running ahead of you at 3:25:00 pace sucking you along in his draft ... Sorry that this big fat guy is still out of shape.

I will not be in that shape until the fall.

Ran a 3:31:25. Missed BQ by 1:26.

Prince of Fatness

5/20 MrFinn - Jacobsburg 10 Mile Trail Race ... Goal < 1:49

I ran this last year in 1:53.  The course measured 10.5 miles on my Garmin.  I've been running steady enough since my half last fall but haven't felt motivated at all, especially the last several weeks.  All of this snow and cold since the beginning of March has not helped.  We'll see, maybe I'll get interested.

Not at it at all.