3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

C-R

THIS THREAD SCARES ME!!!!

Just saying

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Poor monkeys.

Most monkeys would be envious.  All indications point to a very good vintage.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Most of that is dependent bruising. That is, the shin bruise and swelling drained with gravity into the ankle. The shin hurts.

Yeah I have a some of that from my surgery.  Looks like someone took a baseball bat to my leg but it is just drainage and does not hurt where the color is.

I severely tore a muscle on the inside of my upper right leg about 7 - 8 years ago.  The bruising looking drainage mad it halfway down my lower leg.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Since we are showing pictures....

Here is my torn labrum.  At this time they have my femur pried out of my socket a bit (not dislocated but close I guess).  You can see the tear and also some fraying which the surgeon cleared up.

And here it is after the work.  My femur is back in place.  You can see the three anchors that he put in and the sutures,  Those are on the socket. The part of the bone that looks red (lower right) is where he shaved off some bone.

Not at it at all. 

Just a dude.

THIS THREAD SCARES ME!!!!

Just saying

Finns stuff should really scare you... ;-)

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Finns stuff should really scare you... ;-)

-Kelly

For sure!

steph  

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

8 days later and my leg is not improving a lot. Beginning to worry about whether I can run my 100 next month.

Feeling the growl again

8 days later and my leg is not improving a lot. Beginning to worry about whether I can run my 100 next month.

This is not good to hear.  Hopefully the rate of improvement changes in your favor.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Finally got back into PT yesterday.  Not much to report.  They worked me a little and there is some soreness this morning, muscle fatigue type soreness.  It felt good to move around a little.  I have appointments scheduled for twice a week in May so I am expecting that things will start picking up.  Hope to be out on a bike some time in June.

Next week I start weaning off of the crutches.  Yay!

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Good news Finn

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Great news Tim!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Finally got back into PT yesterday.  Not much to report.  They worked me a little and there is some soreness this morning, muscle fatigue type soreness.  It felt good to move around a little.  I have appointments scheduled for twice a week in May so I am expecting that things will start picking up.  Hope to be out on a bike some time in June.

Next week I start weaning off of the crutches.  Yay!

Great!

steph  

Great to hear Finn.  Hope things continue to progress in the right direction.

Feeling the growl again

Go Finn!