3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Damn Rocken.  Glad to hear you are out.  I continue to hope you can get a firm diagnosis so they know how to proceed.  Your perseverance and positive attitude has my undying admiration.

Amen and +1 here too.

Prince of Fatness

Damn Rocken.  Glad to hear you are out.  I continue to hope you can get a firm diagnosis so they know how to proceed.  Your perseverance and positive attitude has my undying admiration.

+2

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Amen!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Yes!

steph  

+1  This sums it up quite well for many of us here.  Hope the further testing will finally give you some answers on where to go from here.  Wish you the best and hope that 2016 is a turnaround year for you.

Thoughts are definitely with you....and with anyone battling injury and illness.  Here's hoping 2016 brings better news to all

Ready, go.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Back rolling again. Maybe feeling the best I have in a long while, certainly since last Fall.

just a lot of deconditioning on my part

Feeling the growl again

Back rolling again. Maybe feeling the best I have in a long while, certainly since last Fall.

Happy happy….

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Always encouraging to read good news like this....keep on rolling.

Ready, go.

I have a nasty case of PF. First time ever dealing with this. It sucks. Of course this thread is very good for putting my little problem in perspective, but I'm going to whine about it a little anyway.

Finally had to admit that I can't train through it. I've stopped running for now and am continuing to do all the stuff one does to speed/promote healing. Blah blah blah.

I don't want to lose all my fitness while I'm dealing with this, but here's the annoying thing... I absolutely hate the elliptical, biking kills my knees, and I'd rather do just about anything than get in the pool. Yeah, I know, suck it up. I get it. I'll probably give in and get in the pool despite myself. What I'm wondering, though, is what else I could try that I haven't thought of yet.

Any ideas?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Walk-Jogger

I have a nasty case of PF. First time ever dealing with this. It sucks. Of course this thread is very good for putting my little problem in perspective, but I'm going to whine about it a little anyway.

Finally had to admit that I can't train through it. I've stopped running for now and am continuing to do all the stuff one does to speed/promote healing. Blah blah blah.

I don't want to lose all my fitness while I'm dealing with this, but here's the annoying thing... I absolutely hate the elliptical, biking kills my knees, and I'd rather do just about anything than get in the pool. Yeah, I know, suck it up. I get it. I'll probably give in and get in the pool despite myself. What I'm wondering, though, is what else I could try that I haven't thought of yet.

Any ideas?

I've almost always been able to walk on the incline treadmill at 30% slope at my rec center, no matter what injury I've had. I done it to train through a tibial stress fracture in the months before my first (and only) marathon. I've done it with plantar fasciitis and a broken heel bone as well - the steep slope keeps weight and impact off the heels, and it's a tough workout even at 2.5 MPH or less.

Retired &  Loving It

Walk-Jogger

My current post-treatment PSA readings have gone from .70 to 1.18 in 3 months, and then to 1.27 in just 3 days.  If I'm extremely lucky this may be from prostate irritation, possibly cause by my quick increase in running mileage recently. I did notice the onset of a burning sensation the day after the 1.18 reading, and it got worse for the next few days. If this isn't  the explanation, then my prostate cancer is suddenly in a hurry to go places. The urologist said don't worry about it and come back for another test in a month.

Retired &  Loving It

Thanks Cecil. That's something I can actually wrap my brain around trying. Hadn't thought of that.

Keeping good thoughts for you, and Rocken, and all.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

bhearn

Looks like I'm back in sucker-punch land. I had a relatively minor Achilles procedure done four weeks ago, expected to be running again two weeks from now. Then this week my foot swelled up, and my calf got super tight and painful. Went in to see what was up... I have a blood clot, deep-vein thrombosis. Too much sitting and inactivity. So, blood thinners for three months for me. Not sure yet how this will impact my training. I had big plans for this year.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Oh, I am sorry!  Hopefully it won't impact.

steph