3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Sucker Punches (Read 1095 times)

Walk-Jogger

Tell me about it. Just heard from the doc. Verdict = torn meniscus and plica condition. Seeing surgeon tomorrow.

Damn depressing.

CR, I hope the doc is able to do something for you. I can't get in for 3 weeks to see my GP, but I already know I'm missing some cartilage under the knee cap.

Retired &  Loving It

C-R

CR, I hope the doc is able to do something for you. I can't get in for 3 weeks to see my GP, but I already know I'm missing some cartilage under the knee cap.

Does your insurance allow you to see a sports doc instead of GP. That's how I got in so fast. The sports doc is in the same group as my GP and acts like a GP. She ordered the MRI and gave the referral so I could see the ortho as quickly as I am for the consult. Try that route. It may help and I am damn tired of swelling and basically hobbling around. This sucks. Hope you can figure it out too.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Tell me about it. Just heard from the doc. Verdict = torn meniscus and plica condition. Seeing surgeon tomorrow.

Damn depressing.

What?!  So much for PT intervention only....

C-R

What?!  So much for PT intervention only....

Yeah. After playing nine holes and walking and a light cycling workout, I figured something was afoot when the knee area swelled like before the PT. MRI confirmed what I feared when it happened. Just didin't want to accept it. De Nile ain't just a river in Egypt.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

This thread needs to stop, dammit. Sorry to hear about your knee C-R. Guess I have to stop making fun of you.

Cecil, hope you get to see your doc soon and that the news will be better than you predict.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Damn depressing.

Damn that sucks.

I can help. You just need to be able to carry a box into the house from the porch.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Damn that sucks.

I can help. You just need to be able to carry a box into the house from the porch.

Trust me I will find a way to make sure those boxes are safe.

C-R

Ok. Surgery required. Arthroscopic. Doesn't sound so bad. Outpatient walking same day.

Anyone have any experience with this shit? Please share if you do.

Ok. Surgery required. Arthroscopic. Doesn't sound so bad. Outpatient walking same day.

Arthroscopic certainly does sound a lot better.  Hopefully that will mean you will be up and running in a couple of months.

Feeling the growl again

Anyone have any experience with this shit? Please share if you do.

I've seen several people through this, most recently my father.  The couple at your age had VERY fast recovery and were back at it within a couple weeks.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

D-Day is 28 April at 1pm.

Let's get r done so I can stop being fat.

Prince of Fatness

I should have a small box of pain medication to send out there before then,

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

So you are not going to get ripped with me on my birthday the night before...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Sorry to hear about the surgery....hoping it goes well and you are out there again very very soon.

Ready, go.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good luck with the surgery!

steph