3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Feeling the growl again

Triton made a peppered beer in the last year or so. I thought it was nasty. Then I beer battered fish with it...if I ever open a place, it's on the menu.

I hate to say it but I've started walking by Triton on the selves.  I've never had anything from them that was more than OK.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

I hate to say itbut I've started walking by Triton on the selves.  I've never had anything from them that was more than OK.

That's how I'd describe it. I don't care all that much for bottled beer, so I only ever get it draft anyhow. Their IPAs are typically good, the stout serviceable, and the others pretty forgettable. I'm sort of going the opposite direction several of you guys are - I was really into brewing and trying different stuff in the past, but now it isn't really all that interesting. I'd like to brew again, but most of the new stuff I try is just beer I feel like I paid too much money to be bored with.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

I was really into brewing and trying different stuff in the past, but now it isn't really all that interesting. I'd like to brew again, but most of the new stuff I try is just beer I feel like I paid too much money to be bored with.

I still like trying new stuff, but if I were not trading and sharing stuff with people so much I'd probably slip back into keeping a case of Killian's in the house.  But if the beer were cheaper I'd probably drink more of it and I don't need that.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

I still like trying new stuff, but if I were not trading and sharing stuff with people so much I'd probably slip back into keeping a case of Killian's in the house.  But if the beer were cheaper I'd probably drink more of it and I don't need that.

I cannot say that am getting sick of trying new stuff (or brewing my own for that matter).

If there was one thing that I could say gets tiresome it is going on a "mission".  You know what I mean.  Hard to get special release stuff comes out.  There are bottle limits.  So not only do you have to get on the list and show up at a specific time, you have to enlist helpers as well.

What I like to do is stop by the beer stores for no specific reason, browse a little, and pick out some beers to take home and try.  Especially places that sell singles.

Not at it at all. 

I have my favorites that I keep going back to (or brewing) and I also like to try new stuff, but nowhere near the frequency you guys do.  Every once in a while I come across a new beer that becomes a favorite but price/availability is usually a factor.  Right now my favorites are Founders Dirty Bastard, Victory Golden Monkey, and Flying Dog Raging B**ch.

Feeling the growl again

+1.  And yeah, I really try not to do releases.  I'll do Sun King because I work so close.

What I like to do is stop by the beer stores for no specific reason, browse a little, and pick out some beers to take home and try.  Especially places that sell singles.

Prince of Fatness

So today I need to run some errands out in the Bethlehem area.  Know what that means?  I stop by at Abe's.

http://www.abescoldbeer.com/

This place is great.  The store itself looks like it was an old 7-11.  The selection is top notch, and you can buy singles of anything in the store.  It's one of my favorite beer stores.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I really try not to do releases.  

You should have gone to the Hunaphu release yesterday

Prince of Fatness

Just watching this whole thing evolve online fascinates me.  It really does.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Feeling the growl again

I'm definitely not flying to Tampa just for a beer.

Prince of Fatness

How so?

I don't know.  Seems some people are reacting as if CCB killed a family member or something.  I totally get that while they are refunding all tickets, there are some from far away that paid airfare, hotel, etc., as well.  But still. lighten up.

Personally if I were CCB I would almost be thinking that this is not worth the aggravation.  However I would hate to pull the plug on this because of (at least my perception) a minority of disgruntled people.

Maybe I do not know all of the details.  My buddy was there so when he gets back I will get his take on the whole thing.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I don't know.  Seems some people are reacting as if CCB killed a family member or something.  I totally get that while they are refunding all tickets, there are some from far away that paid airfare, hotel, etc., as well.  But still. lighten up.

Personally if I were CCB I would almost be thinking that this is not worth the aggravation.  However I would hate to pull the plug on this because of (at least my perception) a minority of disgruntled people.

Maybe I do not know all of the details.  My buddy was there so when he gets back I will get his take on the whole thing.

OK, so obviously I was missing something here so I looked it up.

Seriously, freaking flying in and getting a hotel so you can get your 3 BOTTLES of beer?  For frick's sake.  This is why I don't chase beer.

Yeah, I think they will get a handle on their IT processes for next year.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So it really depends how you look at things. If you look at it as going for the sole purpose of getting an allocation beer, for which you have to pay $50 just to enter the site to get your three bottle allocation, it does not make sense whatsoever. However, A different way of looking at it is that the $50 gets you access to an incredible beer Festival, with a very rare beers available for sampling for free. The tablets today had was unbelievable. The problem came when people counterfeited D entry tickets into there were far more than the 3500 person limit. As a result, the crowd was too big to handle, there was not space, and they ran out of the beer before everyone got their allocation. They also pulled a few other bonehead moves that increased everybody's rage, but fundamentally in large part of the fault lay in the people who tried to cheat the system and took advantage.

Feeling the growl again

So it really depends how you look at things. If you look at it as going for the sole purpose of getting an allocation beer, for which you have to pay $50 just to enter the site to get your three bottle allocation, it does not make sense whatsoever. However, A different way of looking at it is that the $50 gets you access to an incredible beer Festival, with a very rare beers available for sampling for free. The tablets today had was unbelievable. The problem came when people counterfeited D entry tickets into there were far more than the 3500 person limit. As a result, the crowd was too big to handle, there was not space, and they ran out of the beer before everyone got their allocation. They also pulled a few other bonehead moves that increased everybody's rage, but fundamentally in large part of the fault lay in the people who tried to cheat the system and took advantage.

This is why I throw a dumbass event and people bring great shit to my backyard.