3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Imma drink a 12 pack of Sam's Rebel IPA a little later.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm gonna drink some beer with Whodat this weekend!

Woot!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Woot!

Make sure some of that Potato Head brewery stuff makes it back to the Midwest.

Enjoy.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Enjoy.

I can't promise anything. I may have to drink it all to make room. I'll let you know if it was any good.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Enjoy.

No worries. Just finished my first Scotch Oaked Wee Heavy. Nice. Will pack some. Also hit the brewery on the way home from work. Rest your livers my friends

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I can't promise anything. I may have to drink it all to make room. I'll let you know if it was any good.

The kid can hitchhike home.  C'mon, she'll be fine...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

One word - Greyhound

A life lesson for the ages.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Hey C-R, I know you wanted some Surly Hell while I'm up here in Chicago.  So far, no dice finding a place within walking distance that claims to have it.  Given when I will be leaving it is not practical to drive anywhere on the way out and screw with parking.

However, there is a place .81 miles from here which has one or two Surly beers I have never heard of...in bombers.....

Oh yeah, and had dinner with pfetro tonight and their rotating Three Floyds tap was Live a Rich Life, a Belgian IPA.  Damn was that a fine beer. It was not overly hopped like 70-80% of IPAs, but rather the hops added an additional rich layer of flavor on top of the Belgian background.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Hey C-R, I know you wanted some Surly Hell while I'm up here in Chicago.  So far, no dice finding a place within walking distance that claims to have it.  Given when I will be leaving it is not practical to drive anywhere on the way out and screw with parking.

However, there is a place .81 miles from here which has one or two Surly beers I have never heard of...in bombers.....

Oh yeah, and had dinner with pfetro tonight and their rotating Three Floyds tap was Live a Rich Life, a Belgian IPA.  Damn was that a fine beer. It was not overly hopped like 70-80% of IPAs, but rather the hops added an additional rich layer of flavor on top of the Belgian background.

I have a bottle of Surly Smoke that I got from the monkey man.

I've had Live a Rich Life. Good stuff. I have a bottle in the box headed to NJ.

Feeling the growl again

I have a bottle of Surly Smoke that I got from the monkey man.

Damn.  Try to come through the hero with Smoke and smited....they do claim to have 3F though...

Prince of Fatness

Like.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

So Whodat texts me on his way to Carton Brewing while here in NJ and I was already home (Carton is not far from my office).  So no extra meet-up (we had met at Riverhorse Brewery earlier in the week).  Then, he posts a picture of Carton's blackboard on FB.  One of the items is "Monkey Release - June 15".  Of course you know who sees it and is on me like a hemorrhoid (yeah I know, hard to believe).  Well turns out I knew about this and knew that they were canning it too and was going to not say anything, letting him find it when he opened up his box.  So thanks for ruining the surprise, Richard. 

The beer is Monkey Chased the Weasel, a Berliner Weiss with mulberries.  Pretty damn good.

So, earlier last week my wife asks me what I would like to do for Father's Day.  I say "How about going to Carton.".  She agrees, and we went along with my son.  Nice place.  Smallest operation I have ever visited.  Good beer.  Most of their beer is kegged.  They have been canning some, hiring an outside contractor that brings the equipment to the brewery on canning day.  Anyone visiting NJ should check this place out.  I'll be going back.

Oh and I got cans of Monkey.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I did not log it on UnTappd yet, but I could not let that bottle of Potato Head Wee Heavy (Bourbon Oaked) sit there and star at me.  I mean I could feel it looking at me through the pantry wall.

I knew it was too young, but.... (do with that comment what you may)

If that was an experiment it was a good one.  Certainly some bourbon heat in there.

Prince of Fatness

If that was an experiment it was a good one.  Certainly some bourbon scotch heat in there.

Fixed that for you.  No worries, it bulk aged for two months and has been bottled long enough ago.  I have had 3 or 4 of them already.  I keep hearing them call me from down in the basement so you are onto something there.  Glad you enjoyed!

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all.