3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Nice so you finally tracked one down. What do you think, worth the hype? I've got one of these and the BA version and wasn't sure if I wanted to crack soon or age.

DFH is okay.

But it ain't this.

C-R

Had a chance to visit Dogfish Head tavern last night. Oh yeah!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

DFH is okay.

But it ain't this.

This must be the 10th place that he has posted this picture in for cripes sake.  He only gave it a 4 on untappd so I am guessing hype > the beer itself.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sexual Chocolate was a great beer. It was probably 4-4.5/5. I had envisioned more chocolate, more roast, more silkiness. I really liked it, but it was simply not as sexy nor as chocolately as I had expected. I need to try the BA version, which I hear is really nice. Interestingly, I found their BA People’s Porter (a shelf beer) to be really incredible, much sexier than expected. Foothills does great work, and Sexual Chocolate is a great beer, but I think there is indeed some hype at play.

Prince of Fatness

Interestingly, I found their BA People’s Porter (a shelf beer) to be really incredible, much sexier than expected.

Good to hear as I have a bottle of that in my stash.  Got it while down south a couple of months ago.  $5 for a bomber, FFS.

MTA: And yeah I have had a few beers from Foothills.  No complaints whatsoever.

Not at it at all. 

Sexual Chocolate was a great beer. It was probably 4-4.5/5. I had envisioned more chocolate, more roast, more silkiness. I really liked it, but it was simply not as sexy nor as chocolately as I had expected. I need to try the BA version, which I hear is really nice. Interestingly, I found their BA People’s Porter (a shelf beer) to be really incredible, much sexier than expected. Foothills does great work, and Sexual Chocolate is a great beer, but I think there is indeed some hype at play.

pretty much what I've found to be the case with most (not all) of these special/hard to get beers.

I wonder if the BA peoples porter has bottle variation because the bottle that I had was pretty much undrinkable. Although I'm picky and drain pour a lot of stuff as opposed to drinking useless calories that I don't find enjoyable

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Must have been a bad bottle. My experience with the BAPP was surprisingly happy. I have since heard others say the same.

Prince of Fatness

I have had the regular People's Porter on several occasions and have enjoyed it.  That in itself makes me optimistic about the BA version.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Some are saying 4/20 is the best yet

It was good but I have had some others that were better.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

On tap, in my hand this eve. We will see.

Prince of Fatness

So my buddy here at work got a call from the beer store.  Founders KBS arrived and he was on the list.

I am not even calling.  Maybe it is because I just had a 2013 KBS over the weekend.  Maybe it is because I have another from 2013 in reserve.  Maybe it is the other 500 bottles of beer in the basement.  That and I do not feel like stopping at the store on the way home from work today.  I don't know.

Anyway for those interested in it you may want to call around your favorite beer stores.

Not at it at all. 

So my buddy here at work got a call from the beer store.  Founders KBS arrived and he was on the list.

I am not even calling.  Maybe it is because I just had a 2013 KBS over the weekend.  Maybe it is because I have another from 2013 in reserve.  Maybe it is the other 500 bottles of beer in the basement.  That and I do not feel like stopping at the store on the way home from work today.  I don't know.

Anyway for those interested in it you may want to call around your favorite beer stores.

yeah I knew today was the release day, but I prefer bourbon county coffee stout to the kbs anyway so I'm not chasing it either

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Does not distro in Nashville.

My mother in Louisville got 5 bottles for me. She may have some more coming later in the week. I may also have some coming in trades.

Now I need me some Black Note.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

On tap, in my hand this eve. We will see.

4/20 was fantastic. Oh yes.

My lovely fiancé was nice enough to stop by the good beer store in another town while out shopping and ask the guy to recommend a good beer to surprise me with, based solely on the fact that I like IPAs. She returned with a bomber of Rogue Farms 7 Hop IPA. I give it an enthusiastic thumbs up. This is made all the more cool because she did this once before and the beer she was directed towards was just effing drain-pour awful, and yet she tried again.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.