3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

Prince of Fatness

Ouch.

La Follie is fairly spectacular stuff.

Wow.

It was one of the first sours that I had ... wasn't expecting what it had to offer, but I remember it growing on me.  I have had other sours since that I consider less in your face.  But it has been at least a year and a half since I had the La Folie.  Time to revisit.

Not at it at all. 

obsessor

tonight's the night.

may october come early:

Prince of Fatness

tonight's the night.

may october come early:

Spatan puts out some good beer.  Really like their Oktoberfest.  Hmmm.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Spatan puts out some good beer.  Really like their Oktoberfest.  Hmmm.

Yes.

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Had this last night.

Very good stuff. I also have their Vanilla Porter. May have to try that next.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

It's not even 10 AM here and I am ready to go home and have beer (after I run of course).  I am having a Labor Day picnic next weekend and brewed three batches of beer for it.  Tonight is taste test night.

I will be tasting..

Potato Cream Ale

Watermelon Wheat

Brown IPA

I also have a barleywine that I brewed in February that I need to check the progress of so add that one to the list too.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Had this last night.

Very good stuff. I also have their Vanilla Porter. May have to try that next.

Gonna be 90 degrees here today...

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Gonna be 90 degrees here today...

It'll be 90 here too, but that won't stop me from having a good stout or porter.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Ich liebe der Spaten.

Can't wait to get home for several reasons. Family first but also there isn't a decent craft beer in this forsaken cesspool called Las Vegas. Seriously. No local craft beer just plenty of the standard swill. But the fountain at Bellagio was pretty cool to watch.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

Last time in vegas (2006) was Sin Citiy Brewery's 1st anniversary - We happened upon their party and ended up drinking our supper with $1 pints.  It tasted really good at the time - But this was the 1st time I had any alcohol in over 18 months ... 

Ich liebe der Spaten.

Can't wait to get home for several reasons. Family first but also there isn't a decent craft beer in this forsaken cesspool called Las Vegas. Seriously. No local craft beer just plenty of the standard swill. But the fountain at Bellagio was pretty cool to watch.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Prince of Fatness

I will be tasting..

Potato Cream Ale

Watermelon Wheat

Brown IPA

I also have a barleywine that I brewed in February that I need to check the progress of so add that one to the list too.

Going from low gravity to high.

Potato Cream Ale

Similar to last year (that's good because it is the same recipe!).  And same as last year if I had to describe it I would say that it tastes like a beer.  It's a little under 5% and goes down real easy.  I used purple potatoes in the recipe and there is absolutely no color from them.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Watermelon Wheat

Interesting.  It's good, you can swill it down pretty easily.  Not as much watermelon flavor as I would like, but it is there.  I would add more juice if I had to do it again.  That said I could slam down about 10 of these quite easily.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Brown IPA

Dude.  This is pretty good.  Just a hint of roastiness.  Hops are not in your face but are definitely in there.  I must say that the 7.2% is hidden pretty well.

3 for 3 for the picnic!

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Barleywine

Wow.  Not a picnic beer but it has been a while so I figured that I would check the progress.  I brewed this President's Day weekend, bottled a month later,  So 5 and a half months of so aged in the bottle.  I had one at a month bottled and was not overly impressed.  Patience is a virtue with barleywine so no panic.  I must say that I am impressed now.  9.1%.  Cripes.  A real tiny hint of some alcohol.  Real tiny.  This one is trouble in a bottle.

I am saving this one for the holiday season.

Not at it at all. 

obsessor

Watermelon Wheat

Interesting.  It's good, you can swill it down pretty easily.  Not as much watermelon flavor as I would like, but it is there.  I would add more juice if I had to do it again.  That said I could slam down about 10 of these quite easily.

I have tried making melon wines several times, with various melons. It was always reminiscent of a fart. I always wanted it to be good, and it never was. Eventually quaffed by the sink drain.

Something was amiss, that's all i can say. Have not tried it since.

Carrots, on the other hand - good results!