3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

BEER (Read 2196 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I did have Finn's DFH Chicory Stout tonight.  Damn find stout, I could tast the chicory in it.  I've always been a chicory fan.

I'd like to try one of those.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I'd like to try one of those.

I don't have any more...perhaps if you crew the 50 next month we can stop at Binney's and stock up.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I don't have any more...perhaps if you crew the 50 next month we can stop at Binney's and stock up.

Deal. I had almost forgotten about that. Good thing I have it marked on my calendar.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Chicory Stout is their winter seasonal.  You probably won't see it on the shelves until sometime in November.

MTA:  But thanks for reminding me that I have three bottles in my basement stash.  Heh.

Not at it at all. 

When's the 50?  If I'm free I might be able to crew / pace as well.  Or at the very least accompany you to Binney's.

Feeling the growl again

When's the 50?  If I'm free I might be able to crew / pace as well.  Or at the very least accompany you to Binney's.

10/20, start/finish in Lincolnshire on the Des Plaines trail.  Pacing is not allowed but beer/food is on me for the crew.  I hate carrying stuff when I am running.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

10/20, start/finish in Lincolnshire on the Des Plaines trail.  Pacing is not allowed but beer/food is on me for the crew.  I hate carrying stuff when I am running.  Smile

I was hoping it was the weekend before.  I'm planning to leave for a vacation that weekend.   If any plans change I'll let you know (flights haven't been booked just yet). 

Prince of Fatness

http://www.dogfish.com/restaurant/menus/brews-whats-on-tap.htm

Damn that Black IPA sounds good.  I hope that it lasts a little while longer.

Not at it at all. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Prince of Fatness

So I have a poker game tonight.  I figured the run is done, why not have a beer before I go.  Pulled one out of the fridge, from the beer fairy.

Problem is that I did not know what it was.  After I poured it I saw a little 9% on the label.  After I tasted it I thought imperial stout.  Oh well, no goin' back now.  This is pretty good.  Damn I can't wait for cold weather so I can drink more stouts.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

So I have a poker game tonight.  I figured the run is done, why not have a beer before I go.  Pulled one out of the fridge, from the beer fairy.

Problem is that I did not know what it was.  After I poured it I saw a little 9% on the label.  After I tasted it I thought imperial stout.  Oh well, no goin' back now.  This is pretty good.  Damn I can't wait for cold weather so I can drink more stouts.

Everybody likes a happy ending.

obsessor

Good stout knows no season. Standby Old Rasputin here and now. Enjoyed all summer long. Another good one tonight: Anderson Valley Hops Ottin IPA. I can't remember having such a nice, balanced, IPA. Of course, I have only had about 500kCal today prior to this, so there's that.

Prince of Fatness

Good stout knows no season. Standby Old Rasputin here and now. Enjoyed all summer long.

At the card game I had a can of Ten Fidy.  Yum.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Also had this at the card game.  BA reviews say that it is pretty good, but I guess that the rauchbier style is not my thing.  I have had smoked beer before and liked them, but this one was more like a campfire.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Also had this at the card game.  BA reviews say that it is pretty good, but I guess that the rauchbier style is not my thing.  I have had smoked beer before and liked them, but this one was more like a campfire.

It says to pair with game meat, there is your problem.  However since I don't think woodchuck was what they had in mind, you had better send those poor unwanted German beers to me.