3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

DoppleBock

Do they take care of their pets better or chitl'n 

Ben and I had a lovely run in with a pit bull when visiting my mom in TN a couple of months ago. Rednecks and their lack of responsible pet ownership.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

Sometimes workout are good for the soul and not so much to improve.  This morning - Humidity had let off a little and it was 54F.  I just did a nice easy 9.  I took my shoes off at the soccer fields and ran 1 mile of striders in the squishy wet grass.  I am not sure what in particular about this run made me feel good - But I feel energized and satisfied with the morning.

Maybe I am getting old and soft, but sometimes its just nice to run.

Sometimes workout are good for the soul and not so much to improve.  This morning - Humidity had let off a little and it was 54F.  I just did a nice easy 9.  I took my shoes off at the soccer fields and ran 1 mile of striders in the squishy wet grass.  I am not sure what in particular about this run made me feel good - But I feel energized and satisfied with the morning.

Maybe I am getting old and soft, but sometimes its just nice to run.

That's about a mirror image of one of my runs earlier in the week.  We had quite a bit of rain the night before so the fields were wet and squishy.  Barefoot strides felt awesome and I finished the w/o with a great feeling.

With the cooler temps and lower humidity this morning, I decided go longer.  It was nice almost 2 hr (1:55) run / 17 miles.  Wanted to hit that 2 hr mark but had already stretched the time out as far as I could.  It's still a weekday and I still have to work.  Off to WI tomorrow for a full week+ of camping.  Heading the WI Dells area and then farther north near Rhinelander.  We'll see what I can get in. 

DoppleBock

Enjoy WI

We are always in the Dells in the spring - Some nice hills to run

Had some good times around Rhinelander - Still not allowed back at Northwoods Golf course.

We will be in Wausau for the 4 day 4th holiday.

On the 4th of July is a 5k / 10k in Tomahawk - In conjuctions with their Pow-Wow days.  Pretty flat fast course.  I will not be running it - I have other things on my mind.

That's about a mirror image of one of my runs earlier in the week.  We had quite a bit of rain the night before so the fields were wet and squishy.  Barefoot strides felt awesome and I finished the w/o with a great feeling.

With the cooler temps and lower humidity this morning, I decided go longer.  It was nice almost 2 hr (1:55) run / 17 miles.  Wanted to hit that 2 hr mark but had already stretched the time out as far as I could.  It's still a weekday and I still have to work.  Off to WI tomorrow for a full week+ of camping.  Heading the WI Dells area and then farther north near Rhinelander.  We'll see what I can get in. 

Ostrich runner

I had a workout this week. Whew hew. Fuck.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

beef!!!  Missing in action bro.

What workout do you have planned for July 16th now?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Was that some 40 ounce striders of colt 45?

"Work's everytime"

Ostrich runner

beef!!!  Missing in action bro.

What workout do you have planned for July 16th now?

Depending on snow pack...

Ostrich runner

Was that some 40 ounce striders of colt 45?

"Work's everytime"

Unfortunately, 40 oz of Buffalo Trace is hard to sustain.

Feeling the growl again

Depending on snow pack...

It's no beer mile but it still looks like a lot of fun. Hope the snow works out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ran a 19:26 5k this morning. 4 second PR...lamely enough.

I wasn't going to run it but Ben was planning on it to hold serve in his works race series Wink So I signed up 10 minutes before the gun and they were fresh out of timing chips. Kind of a bummer because I was first female. I dunno if they'll put me in results or not.

Feeling the growl again

I wasn't going to run it but Ben was planning on it to hold serve in his works race series Wink So I signed up 10 minutes before the gun and they were fresh out of timing chips. Kind of a bummer because I was first female. I dunno if they'll put me in results or not.

There will come a day you would give your left arm for a for second PR....a PR is a PR...

This cheered me up on a tough day.  

Nice going.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

There will come a day you would give your left arm for a for second PR....a PR is a PR...

I just meant that its lame my PR was 19:31 before this. So 5 seconds I guess.

I do appreciate the PR. I felt good today and went with it. I was not expecting to feel like that, which is why I wasn't going to race. I felt rough yesterday on my run.

Feeling the growl again

It's nice to finally have something positive to report.  

The fatigue issues have been pretty bad again the last month or so; by the time I had a chance to run tonight it was relatively late and all I wanted to do was go to bed early.  But I had to get a couple things done in the yard first and that woke me up, so I felt guilty not running and got my ass out the door.  It was a decent evening for this time of year so I did a 4-mile tempo.  Did not check my watch until I hit the mile in 5:39, faster than I thought it would be, so I just tried to speed up a bit as I went...5:36-5:35-5:30.  Not a bad place to restart from.