3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Ostrich runner

You aren't off the hook until you're back to 900 miles a month.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

DoppleBock

I hate to use the words never - But I doubt 900 will ever happen again.  I could see stringing together a bunch of 150-170 mile weeks next year if I make the US 24 hour team again or if I am desperate to make the team - in May -June time frame.  But I even doubt I will ever see 200 miles in a week again ... unless it is biking. 

You aren't off the hook until you're back to 900 miles a month.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Everyone was. It was supposed to be funny. Just re-join.

I'm old and crotchety...wasting my time in the same way for about the tenth time is no longer funny.  At least now I don't need to waste 5min a day finding out there is nothing there worth wasting my time on.  Between here and facebook I've got most of the contacts I cared to keep.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Non ducor, duco.

wasting your time in the swamp when you should be out running - 

Best comment out there. 

Feeling the growl again

Best comment out there. 

If I had the option to be out running most of the occasions I posted on here you'd never hear from me.  Wink

20-miler in Central Park tonight, assuming the cabbie doesn't kill me on the way back to the hotel, wahoo!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I'm old and crotchety...wasting my time in the same way for about the tenth time is no longer funny.  At least now I don't need to waste 5min a day finding out there is nothing there worth wasting my time on.  Between here and facebook I've got most of the contacts I cared to keep.

+100000000

I just haven't "gone" "back," mainly to amuse myself. Well, I'm also kind of amused that something like not re-joining an Internet user group would amuse me.

I have this vest that I bought there, though.  Hmm.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Prince of Fatness

I just haven't "gone" "back," mainly to amuse myself. Well, I'm also kind of amused that something like not re-joining an Internet user group would amuse me.

I have this vest that I bought there, though.  Hmm.

I haven't either.  I guess that I really hung out there for the running, and since (a) my running is in the toilet right now and (b) the ratio of nonsense to running over there is higher than usual, I decided to not go back for the time being.  Things may change though.  Who knows.

I will miss the BEER ME thread.

Not at it at all. 

Dude, it's not even orange.

Prince of Fatness

Dude, it's not even orange.

For that matter it's not even a vest.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

I haven't either.  I guess that I really hung out there for the running, and since (a) my running is in the toilet right now and (b) the ratio of nonsense to running over there is higher than usual, I decided to not go back for the time being.  Things may change though.  Who knows.

I will miss the BEER ME thread.

The beer me thread, ironically, was about the only thing there that had a measurable impact on my life...both in the fact that my local beer store now considers me a sophisticated customer...and on the scale.

For that matter it's not even a vest.

Well, yes it is. 

But, I know no one will buy my vest. It's mine and so is my Swamp. For better or for worse.

DoppleBock

Yesterdays 41 mile trail run was fantastic - 1/2 day of vacation

This mornings 7 mile recovery run sucked ass

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Just a dude.

Hey all...

Dunno if you guys remember be, or if you should... But I had a great workout this morning.

Half mile walk, half mile run, 1/4 mile walk, half mile run, 1/4 mile walk.

Pathetic you say... I agree... But it's the first running I've been able to do this year.  

Last October I started having problems with my ankle, and I've been working with doctors and physical therapists since then trying to figure out what the issue is.  I finally had surgery the end of May where they found a bunch of bone chunks that they removed, as well as a few other minor problems.

Hopefully it's all fixed... This morning felt pretty good.  I'm quite fat and out of shape, but hopefully on my way back.

:-)

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape...