3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

C-R

Hmm.  A few more weeks and you will be ready for me to ridicule you to 6:30 closing miles in Eagle Creek long runs.

Excellent.  Your consistency is starting to make me look like a lazy slob though.

6:30s I like. Making you look like a lazy slob. I don't think so. Just glad I've got a little momentum.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Hit the streets for lunch run today and decided all that talk about track workouts, I would step it up a notch. Plus it was sunny and almost 70 here today.

4 mile tempo in 28 and change and then added 4x2 minute fartlek with 2 min recovery on top of that. Total 8.15 miles in 1:02 and felt great. Good confidence builder going into the winter training.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Hit the streets for lunch run today and decided all that talk about track workouts, I would step it up a notch. Plus it was sunny and almost 70 here today.

4 mile tempo in 28 and change and then added 4x2 minute fartlek with 2 min recovery on top of that. Total 8.15 miles in 1:02 and felt great. Good confidence builder going into the winter training.

AWESOME!! Beautiful day today huh! Glad you got out and took advantage of it!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Just a dude.

I am jealous.  It was 19 degrees here for my morning run... 

Sounds like a good workout though... Good job.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Had a few hours to spare while up near Lake Harmony PA so decided to move tomorrow's "long" run to today. Ran "down" the mountain and then back up. Going down I floated (that's what it felt like) but going back up took some work.  Anyway got 14 miles in average of 8:36, yes slow to most of you but it felt great. Hamstring didn't talk. I finally am up into the 60's for weekly mileage AND if I've got time i'll run tomorrow cause right now *knock on wood* I am feeling great! (please let me not jinx myself lol)

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Been running on the treadmill lately for speed stuff because I am trying to work on the turnover that I lost due to the marathon training.  I did 2.5 miles with the first mile at 12.0, the second at 12.1, and the last 0.5 at 12.2.  I didn't add any incline because it detracts from the actual leg speed which is what I am working on.  I was actually a little suprised at how well this went.  I had a moment where I just wanted to bump it up to 12.5 and see how long I could hang on, but that probably wouldn't have been adviseable... 

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

Feeling the growl again

Been running on the treadmill lately for speed stuff because I am trying to work on the turnover that I lost due to the marathon training.  I did 2.5 miles with the first mile at 12.0, the second at 12.1, and the last 0.5 at 12.2.  I didn't add any incline because it detracts from the actual leg speed which is what I am working on.  I was actually a little suprised at how well this went.  I had a moment where I just wanted to bump it up to 12.5 and see how long I could hang on, but that probably wouldn't have been adviseable... 

Hah.  Dude, sounds like you didn't lose any legs speed to me...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Bump. 9.1 in 1:09 and three days off a marathon. This is going to be a kick ass training cycle. Lets bust this motha up Spaniel.

Feeling the growl again

Bump. 9.1 in 1:09 and three days off a marathon. This is going to be a kick ass training cycle. Lets bust this motha up Spaniel.

Oh shit.  Does this mean I need to start running?

OK.  Monday at the latest, I'm back on the wagon.

Nice to hear dude.  That's some amazing resilience.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I have a big smile on my face.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

C-R

fuckin A boyz n galz. Its time to train.

Fixed that.

Thanks all.

Feck.  That's impressive.  Nice going CR. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nice job C-R.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feck.  That's impressive.  Nice going CR. 

+1

not really a workout however I had a nice 40 mile run. Mississippi turned 40 and wanted to run 40 miles. I decided that she shouldn't do this alone though wasn't too sure that I would be able to complete the miles. Well I did and at a much faster pace then I expected. It was a good day!