3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Feeling the growl again

not really a workout however I had a nice 40 mile run. Mississippi turned 40 and wanted to run 40 miles. I decided that she shouldn't do this alone though wasn't too sure that I would be able to complete the miles. Well I did and at a much faster pace then I expected. It was a good day!

The bars on your log are going to look pansy ass for the next month.

Friggin' A.  Nice run.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Just a dude.

Not really a good workout by itself, but this was a pretty good week for me.  Over 70 miles for the first time this year... Just passed 1000 for the year... Not a lot by this group's standards, but considering I had surgery in May and didn't start running almost until July, I'm happy.

I'm also down roughly 40 pounds.

Overall I'm feeling pretty good about things and I am really looking forward to next spring.  Just gotta keep putting the workouts in and working the weight down.

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

C-R

not really a workout however I had a nice 40 mile run. Mississippi turned 40 and wanted to run 40 miles. I decided that she shouldn't do this alone though wasn't too sure that I would be able to complete the miles. Well I did and at a much faster pace then I expected. It was a good day!

Holy crap. Like

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Fantastic!

steph  

C-R

Not really a good workout by itself, but this was a pretty good week for me.  Over 70 miles for the first time this year... Just passed 1000 for the year... Not a lot by this group's standards, but considering I had surgery in May and didn't start running almost until July, I'm happy.

Overall I'm feeling pretty good about things and I am really looking forward to next spring.  Just gotta keep putting the workouts in and working the weight down.

-Kelly

Excellent. I need to man up and drop that ten. Keep it rolling Kelly.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

-Kelly

Excellent progress Kelly!  You definitely have been consistent and built your mileage smartly since you started back up in July.  Keep the good feeling going and keep knocking out some good workouts over the winter.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

-Kelly

Surgery to re-coop from and lost 40 pounds!   Congratulations!

steph  

Feeling the growl again

Damn.  Nice.  I need to stop being a PAB and drop 10-12.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

That counts as a pretty damn awesome workout in my book.  What a great thing to do, both as a run (at an impressive pace for that distance) and for an experience shared with a friend.  Great, great, great stuff.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

-Kelly

Wow.  The Hurtlocker is full of some awesome stuff right now.  Congratulations Kelly on an impressive mileage haul since July, a damn solid period of running, the 70 mile week and an absolutely huge weight loss.  Fantastic all round.  Next Spring is going to be exciting for us to watch your running in, and even more exciting for you as the runner.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Nice progress, Kelly!  The week's mileage and the weight-loss are huge!

I ran 8.4 yesterday.  Longest run in 9.5 months.  A paranoid part of me keeps waiting for the ceiling to crash, but I'm hopeful that finally -- FINALLY -- I can "get some shit cooking up in here", as someone put it.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Wow.  The Hurtlocker is full of some awesome stuff right now. 

Hell, we were due. 

Wow.  The Hurtlocker is full of some awesome stuff right now.  Congratulations Kelly on an impressive mileage haul since July, a damn solid period of running, the 70 mile week and an absolutely huge weight loss.  Fantastic all round.  Next Spring is going to be exciting for us to watch your running in, and even more exciting for you as the runner.

Ditto this!

NICE Kelly!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The bars on your log are going to look pansy ass for the next month.

Friggin' A.  Nice run.

that they are

Thanks 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Bump. 9.1 in 1:09 and three days off a marathon. This is going to be a kick ass training cycle. Lets bust this motha up Spaniel.

Looks like someone lit a fire under someone elses ass...double yesterday for a total of 18 miles (and no, it wasn't my ass on fire).  Looks like it was earlier than Monday as predicted.