3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Oh and according to the the Recovery Indicator on my Masters Coach training plan I am Fully Recovered - Go forth and conquer, or so it says

You are most definitely going forth and conquering.  Fantastic run today and a huge running week too.  Wow.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

You are most definitely going forth and conquering.  Fantastic run today and a huge running week too.  Wow.

yes, fantastic Pam!

steph  

Thanks Sarah and Tea!!!

BTW I don't feel like I ran long yesterday. Only thing hurting me right now *knock on wood* is my neck (gotta get back to lifting!!!) 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I did a 20 mile Time Trial on the computrainer today. My avg watts were higher than the 10 mile Time Trials I did at the start of last season.

20 miles in 53:40, Avg Watts 243, avg speed 22.4 mph, avg HR 154

If this keeps up, I think tri season is gonna be FUN! (especially the ones with the really short swims.)

Did 20.12 miles this morning with the first 15 at the planned marathon pace of 6:41.

Big confidence boast for my march marathon,  I feel like I can absolutely own the course.  The marathon's a tough / hilly double looper and I cruised through a loop + the first two miles a second time.   

Still startled that I a) did 20 miles underneath a 7 min pace in training and b) that 20 mile run sent me into the 70+ mpw for the first time. 

Did 20.12 miles this morning with the first 15 at the planned marathon pace of 6:41.

Big confidence boast for my march marathon,  I feel like I can absolutely own the course.  The marathon's a tough / hilly double looper and I cruised through a loop + the first two miles a second time.   

Still startled that I a) did 20 miles underneath a 7 min pace in training and b) that 20 mile run sent me into the 70+ mpw for the first time. 

Looks like you're going to SMASH that Marathon PR of yours.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

Didn't quite make it through a 4-mile tempo at max treadmill speed last week (5:28 pace) so I tried again today.  Not only did I do it, but felt good enough that I continued to 4.25 miles...and ran two 1-mile intervals at the same speed off moderate recoveries afterwards.  Very happy with my progress, even though I have not been running as much as I wish I was right now.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Didn't quite make it through a 4-mile tempo at max treadmill speed last week (5:28 pace) so I tried again today.  Not only did I do it, but felt good enough that I continued to 4.25 miles...and ran two 1-mile intervals at the same speed off moderate recoveries afterwards.  Very happy with my progress, even though I have not been running as much as I wish I was right now.

Damn, I'd end up doing a face plant if I tried to max out a dreadmill.

I ran an LT run last night and it went pretty well. They are getting a little easier and faster.

mile 1 = 9:34

mile 2 = 7:49

mile 3 = 7:47

mile 4 = 7:33

mile 5 = 7:07

mile 6.25 = 8:58

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

A Saucy Wench

9 x 2min on 2 min recovery (treadmill).  Not a monster workout but probably more than i have done in 18 months so there is that.  Started at 7.6 and ramped up to 8.0(7:25ish) and that was too fast but I stayed there for 3 of them and started back down. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Why do the intervals on the Treadmill for the same speed (say 7:30 pace) feel so much faster leg turnover wise than on the track, even though cardio wise it's probably similar.  Could it be that I have a longer stride running on solid ground than on the TM,  fear of falling off the TM if I maintain the longer stride?

Feeling the growl again

Why do the intervals on the Treadmill for the same speed (say 7:30 pace) feel so much faster leg turnover wise than on the track, even though cardio wise it's probably similar.  Could it be that I have a longer stride running on solid ground than on the TM,  fear of falling off the TM if I maintain the longer stride?

I don't know, but I agree it feels that way.  Possibly because with the lack of horizontal motion you have less to concentrate on so you notice the stride more?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

That's a damn nice workout!

Looks like you're going to SMASH that Marathon PR of yours.

Hope so,

Ran a 10k yesterday at 36:59, so slower than I thought but my legs were on the fritz from 75 miles last week.

Went ahead and banged out a very very comfortable 21 miles today in 2:30 (7:09) to finish the week with 77 miles. No pain in the legs and mentally I was pretty locked in.  GPS kept dropping out on me so the 6 mile progression to finish got all fubared with the times / distances. 

Hope so,

Ran a 10k yesterday at 36:59, so slower than I thought but my legs were on the fritz from 75 miles last week.

Went ahead and banged out a very very comfortable 21 miles today in 2:30 (7:09) to finish the week with 77 miles. No pain in the legs and mentally I was pretty locked in.  GPS kept dropping out on me so the 6 mile progression to finish got all fubared with the times / distances. 

I am so looking forward to hearing about this marathon in March...  You are going to storm it.

an amazing likeness

Last night I had just a "magical" run -- can't think of any other word. It was cold, clear and crisp -- the moon and evening planets looked close enough to seem just barely out of reach. On the darker sections, I was killing my headlamp to just look up at the sky. Because of the temp and wind, I started a bit harder than planned easy effort to get some warmth.

Things just felt good so at about 1/2 mile, I decided to turn up the wick and make it a tempo effort. From there every time I told myself to ease up, each easing of the effort led to more pace. The route I was using is a bit over 10K, and even as I eased the effort, the second 5K came in 20 sec/mile faster than the front side 5K.

This only happens for me about once a year. Just a routine daily run became something I'm still smiling about today.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.