3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Feeling the growl again

Last night I had just a "magical" run -- can't think of any other word. It was cold, clear and crisp -- the moon and evening planets looked close enough to seem just barely out of reach. On the darker sections, I was killing my headlamp to just look up at the sky. Because of the temp and wind, I started a bit harder than planned easy effort to get some warmth.

Things just felt good so at about 1/2 mile, I decided to turn up the wick and make it a tempo effort. From there every time I told myself to ease up, each easing of the effort led to more pace. The route I was using is a bit over 10K, and even as I eased the effort, the second 5K came in 20 sec/mile faster than the front side 5K.

This only happens for me about once a year. Just a routine daily run became something I'm still smiling about today.

Awesome.  I haven't had one of those in quite awhile, but when I do, I remember them for years.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Last night I had just a "magical" run -- can't think of any other word.

Nice.  Cherish that feeling.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Nice to hear MIlk! Love those when the come along!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

I had a great workout yesterday. Wanted to test how calf would deal with faster running. Plan was to do 8 miles  at goal marathon pace. Ended up being faster however I was just going with the flow and happy that my right calf was holding up.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

I guess that the December mileage challenge was just what I needed.  I got over 200 miles again in January.  The weather has been very cooperative.  I was tempted to take a day off (it's been close to 12 weeks now), but I feel guilty not taking advantage of the weather.  I still feel some aches and pains similar to when I was injured but have been able to sustain close to 50 mpw for a couple of months now so I am cautiously optimistic.

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I too had a re-do of December.  I ran over 300 miles again in January.  But it wasn't intended.  Just worked out that way.  

Thinking that I now need to just follow my training plan now.   Not so much adding miles in here and there

in the hope of burning more calories.   My left knee area isn't liking it I think.  

steph  

WTG MrPhin and Tea!!   I tell you this weather does have a way of making you feel like you should be out running in it!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

WTG MrPhin and Tea!!   I tell you this weather does have a way of making you feel like you should be out running in it!

The weather here the last few days have been fantastic.  Running has felt great!

Holy crap woman!  You've been burning up the miles!

steph  

C-R

I may have screwed my 5k but who gives a rats ass.

2nd run of the day. Decided to do 1 mile repeats with 1 mile recovery (@8 mpm). Ran all 3 in under 7. Between 6:20 and 6:45. Overall workout = 5.5 miles at 39:00 flat.

Jebus if I could just get some discipline and lose weight.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

2nd run of the day. Decided to do 1 mile repeats with 1 mile recovery (@8 mpm). Ran all 3 in under 7. Between 6:20 and 6:45. Overall workout = 5.5 miles at 39:00 flat.

Bah, it was just a good warmup.  Nice job.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

That is some solid speed for an old guy, especially for the 2nd run. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

C-R

That is some solid speed for an old guy, especially for the 2nd run. 

Turn down that music and pull up your pants Zippy.

Now get off my lawn.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Ostrich runner

Turn down that music and pull up your pants Zippy.

Now get off my lawn.

I might still be able to get a couple of you in the 200, but that's about it. So take my comments with a spoon of Metamucil. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

C-R

I might still be able to get a couple of you in the 200, but that's about it. So take my comments with a spoon of Metamucil. 

I like my prune juice and don't make me tell you about my bunions yungun.

Prince of Fatness

IKR

Not at it at all.