3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Screw that race last weekend. Six miles at 5:28 pace, I could have kept on going had I not run out of time. Felt great. Despite how bad training went last month, this was nearly 50% further than I went when I last did a tempo at this pace about six weeks ago. I needed that.

Nice run Spaniel. Was that in flats or trainers? Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Nice run Spaniel. Was that in flats or trainers? Wink

Flats.  Hard to forget them when it's a home treadmill run...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Nice.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

Another treadmill long run...but only 18 miles this time.  6@6:40, 6@6:00, then 5:53, 5:46, 5:40, 5:33.   Last two easy 6:40 again, I considered continuing to push the pace down but I thought that might be over-doing it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

13.1 mile gently progressive tempo run. As part of my longest run since January.

Feeling the growl again

13.1 mile gently progressive tempo run. As part of my longest run since January.

That is my favorite kind of workout.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Was Tom King half, run as tempo.

I'm gonna bundle a couple as my "good workout" this week: a nice 5x1000 @ what turned out to be a quicker and easier pace than 5k race-pace, and today's 12.5-mil semi-slog.  I've had runs since the Achilles tear where I felt like I was getting it back, but this is the first time I've had a whole week like that.

Although now that I've posted it, I'm reaching for a rabbit's foot, my lucky quarter, a horseshoe, and a young priest and an old priest.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

You made me make the tough decision...right there on the Jumbotron.  Do I try to outkick Trent and throw up, or just keep the same pace and not throw up?  Haha! Nice run. You seemed to be in a lot better shape than I was. 

Was Tom King half, run as tempo.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dude, I passed you there at the finish? Sorry 'bout that! I totally did not see you!

Well, it's a race and I wasn't able to move fast enough to stay in front of you, so I can't blame you for that. Haha! (I leaned on the wall for a while trying to keep my composure after the finish.)

Dude, I passed you there at the finish? Sorry 'bout that! I totally did not see you!

I went for a real run oudoors on Sunday to test out the shin and everything felt pretty good. It was slow and steady with no swelling after the 3.25 miler.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

4 mile tempo in 21:33 (5:23 avg).  Last couple miles 5:20. 

Was it all a dream?

Survived a 3 x 3mi workout @ 5:21/mi pace yesterday (0.5mi recovery).  First time ever doing a 3x3 workout... definitely rough stuff.

C-R

Survived a 3 x 3mi workout @ 5:21/mi pace yesterday (0.5mi recovery).  First time ever doing a 3x3 workout... definitely rough stuff.

Yikes.

Why 5:21? 10K pace?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/