3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Did a 60 X 400 workout at mile race pace this morning.  I prolly could have mustered another one but I've heard you shouldn't over-run your workouts.    Should I be worried about blood in my urine?

Nice job Cassidy!

Feeling the growl again

Did a 60 X 400 workout at mile race pace this morning.  I prolly could have mustered another one but I've heard you shouldn't over-run your workouts.    Should I be worried about blood in my urine?

I call BS as it's not in the log.  So it never happened.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

ken, you have overplayed your hand, a 50 x 400 could have been more believable as Nobby bought up that workout

Feeling the growl again

ken, you have overplayed your hand, a 50 x 400 could have been more believable as Nobby bought up that workout

IIRC Nobby only did 50...

I've done 25, and not at mile pace, for fuck's sake.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

kcam

IIRC Nobby only did 50...

I've done 25, and not at mile pace, for fuck's sake.  Wink

The foolish fifty!

Yesterday I did 4 separate workouts

-4:20am - 75 minutes on the bike

-11:30am - 40 minutes running

-5:15pm - 30 minutes in the pool

-8:10pm - 25 minutes in the pool

All of that while working from 7 - 5.

It was a great "quick recovery" training day.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Banked another 5 mile tempo yesterday..

And we run because we like it
                Through the broad bright land

Banked another 5 mile tempo yesterday..

Solid. When are you racing to make some withdrawals from this bank?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                  We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Yesterday I did 4 separate workouts

-4:20am - 75 minutes on the bike

-11:30am - 40 minutes running

-5:15pm - 30 minutes in the pool

-8:10pm - 25 minutes in the pool

All of that while working from 7 - 5.

It was a great "quick recovery" training day.

How in the world do you call that a "quick recovery" training day.  That's a good day of work outs though.

Solid. When are you racing to make some withdrawals from this bank?

If I can ever get back to real training for a month. Plus, the local races are starting soon. One day I will actually have to come up with a goal.

And we run because we like it
                      Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

Nothing fast or special, but today I took a few miles back from the bunny for the first time in ~6 weeks.  I am not liking that I pay for each run with 3-4 hours of pain afterwards but at least I am running again.

ran 5 miles today with my husband and 11 year old son. It felt good!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nothing fast or special, but today I took a few miles back from the bunny for the first time in ~6 weeks.  I am not liking that I pay for each run with 3-4 hours of pain afterwards but at least I am running again.

sorry you have to deal with pain afterwards but I totally get the whole at least you're running again! Hopefully the pain will lessen

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Sweet!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

This is good especially after all of the crap this winter. Keep on rockin Rocken!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/