3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Tallbackanator

Thanks guys, hopefully I hit my peak at the right time.

Congrats on the killer workouts.

Did a speed workout last night. My first real workout since the flying monkeys broke my kneecaps with a baseball bat last month.

It felt good, nothing snapped our fell off, and I got to hang with a group of faster dudes who kept me on my toes. Looking good to get started training for Boston soon.

Did a speed workout last night. My first real workout since the flying monkeys broke my kneecaps with a baseball bat last month.

It felt good, nothing snapped our fell off, and I got to hang with a group of faster dudes who kept me on my toes. Looking good to get started training for Boston soon.

Interesting interval workout - pyramid intervals.  Nice job getting through it.

Actually got on the 200m indoor oval yesterday. 30 min run followed by 16x200 with 200 jog recovery.  Man, am I sore today. Good sore though. Figured I'd try to get some quality in as I hope to hit a couple of track races in Jan.

Feeling the growl again

Actually got on the 200m indoor oval yesterday. 30 min run followed by 16x200 with 200 jog recovery.  Man, am I sore today. Good sore though. Figured I'd try to get some quality in as I hope to hit a couple of track races in Jan.

That's just the kind of workout I'd love to do right now.  Wake up those almost-dead fast-twitchers...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My speedwork this week was brought to me by the number 3:

After little speedwork for months (due to 1 ultra & 1 HM race), got in 5x900 on Tue, and 14x300 on Thu.

(Tue workout was on a paved parking lot loop that turned out to be abt 900m, I found out afterward.)

It was fun to run fast for short distances.

I imagine I'm Centrowitz, with strong erect posture and arms pumping - not wildly, but strongly.

Course there's no telling what I really look like, but I don't care, this imagination helps me feel good through them.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Walk-Jogger

That's just the kind of workout I'd love to do right now.  Wake up those almost-dead fast-twitchers...

Nice set of 200's, mbehr! That's my favorite kind of workout. I've been staying away from bulk 200's lately out of fear of hurting myself, so I'm limiting myself to one decent 200 at the end of my longer interval workouts. I've managed to pump out a couple of 31 seconds in my heavy trainers in the past few weeks. My speed wasn't there post marathon, and now suddenly it seems to be coming back . . .

Retired &  Loving It

Walk-Jogger

My speedwork this week was brought to me by the number 3:

After little speedwork for months (due to 1 ultra & 1 HM race), got in 5x900 on Tue, and 14x300 on Thu.

(Tue workout was on a paved parking lot loop that turned out to be abt 900m, I found out afterward.)

It was fun to run fast for short distances.

I imagine I'm Centrowitz, with strong erect posture and arms pumping - not wildly, but strongly.

Course there's no telling what I really look like, but I don't care, this imagination helps me feel good through them.

Nice sets! My gym and indoor track is closed now for a week so I'm reduced to either running outdoors or not at all. It's a blizzard outside today, so I wimped out and didn't run. I'm headed south tomorrow to Eugene, OR, hopefully, if they get the roads plowed! I hope to do a bit of running there next week.

Retired &  Loving It

All of these great speed workouts are good motivation. I feel like my last marathon training cycle was missing some of that stuff...too much focus on MP range running.

608, 605 and 558.. paces of my "tempo". Oh and I was bit by a dog.

And we run because we like it
                      Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

608, 605 and 558.. paces of my "tempo". Oh and I was bit by a dog.

Damn, you're the second one in a short period.  I hope you got a good kick in (dog or owner, I'm indifferent).

MTA:  Hey, I just looked at your log.  What happened?  I recall you were knocking out great workouts but it looks like you haven't run in a few months now??

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

All of these great speed workouts are good motivation. I feel like my last marathon training cycle was missing some of that stuff...too much focus on MP range running.

I feel like I'm only getting speed stuff, and not nearly enough MP. Getting tired of winter, I guess.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Not so much a good workout as a really good month. New high for miles run in a month, my first time over 300 miles in a month, and the first time I've survived January without an injury. Mixing in just a little hill repeat work and faster stuff, too.

i'm a wuss when it gets cold, though. Most of you would get a good laugh at how little it takes to get me on the treadmill.

Feeling the growl again

Not so much a good workout as a really good month. New high for miles run in a month, my first time over 300 miles in a month, and the first time I've survived January without an injury. Mixing in just a little hill repeat work and faster stuff, too.

i'm a wuss when it gets cold, though. Most of you would get a good laugh at how little it takes to get me on the treadmill.

Nice!

And, I haven't run outdoors yet this year.  So I'm not throwing stones.

We've had record snowfall here but that is not so much the issue, it's been the temps combined with wind.

Nice!

And, I haven't run outdoors yet this year.  So I'm not throwing stones.

We've had record snowfall here but that is not so much the issue, it's been the temps combined with wind.

Snow.....yeah. We got an inch here in Athens, and the supermarket across the street was practically stripped bare the night before. I had the gym to myself, so that was nice.