3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

We are on the corporate track for the summer; I'd have to sign you in and walk you across campus.  But I think they are talking Thursday workouts over lunch at the indoor by the NCAA center (which until today I didn't know was there).  I am unlikely to make those as we're then talking working early/late to try to take 2+ hours off in the middle of the day.

If not every week, would you be able to break away and do this occassionally?  Sounds like it might be worth it.

C-R

Yeah. I was looking at the one's at Carol Stadium over at IUPUI.

I figure twice per month will do me some good.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

If not every week, would you be able to break away and do this occassionally?  Sounds like it might be worth it.

Perhaps.  Between meetings and limited flexibility to go in early to make up the time (kids) it's a challenge.  But Tuesdays it is right on our corporate track so much easier.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The cold hit a bit more yesterday and today, and my throat is pretty bad, so I was a wuss and didn't run (I would normally run if I felt like this, but mini Hoppity makes me a bit over cautious, which I feel quite ashamed of).  I like the idea of him having his own log though, will do that after the next run.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

but mini Hoppity makes me a bit over cautious, which I feel quite ashamed of). 

Crikey woman, it's your unborn child.  If anyone calls you a wuss because you are taking it easy due to the pregnancy I will fly over there on my dime and punch them in the throat for you.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

The cold hit a bit more yesterday and today, and my throat is pretty bad, so I was a wuss and didn't run (I would normally run if I felt like this, but mini Hoppity makes me a bit over cautious, which I feel quite ashamed of).  I like the idea of him having his own log though, will do that after the next run.

Listening to your body / mini Hoppity doesnt make you a wuss!

It makes a smart mom.  If you feel it's not right at any time then go with you're feelings!

steph  

I like the idea of him having his own log though, will do that after the next run.

That's a really cool idea!

Feeling the growl again

On 3min recoveries, the plan was 800-800-3200(threshhold)-1600(fast)-1600(MP).  Went 2:34-2:37-(6:01-5:55)-5:25-6:25 for that.  Took the MP pretty easy as my hamstrings are no longer used to moving fast and were starting to complain.  All in all very pleasant and nice to stretch out.

Oh wow.  Did I hurt myself on that one, so out of shape for doing such a thing.  Turns out I was smart to listen to my body and not run yesterday, my hips hurt like hell.  Went out to try an EASY 10 today and ended up calling it quits at 6.5.  My legs are just so weak compared to my engine.  Too many treadmill miles.  I needed that though.  You can't build it up if you don't break it down.

haha.. gotta make it hurt sometimes. Good work!

And we run because we like it
                    Through the broad bright land

Oh wow.  Did I hurt myself on that one, so out of shape for doing such a thing.  Turns out I was smart to listen to my body and not run yesterday, my hips hurt like hell.  Went out to try an EASY 10 today and ended up calling it quits at 6.5.  My legs are just so weak compared to my engine.  Too many treadmill miles.  I needed that though.  You can't build it up if you don't break it down.

Totally agree on this.  Sounds like it was good hurt really,  a nice boost to those legs and a sign that the engine itself is ticking over well.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Thank you for the reassurance on the wussiness.  Still haven't been out as felt grotty again today and couldn't find a comfortable position to sleep in last night so was super tired.  It's the weekend tomorrow though, so maybe the lack of getting up for work will help on all counts and I can get out for a gentle leg loosening.

Woo hoo, hit the 10 grand mark on the RA odometer.  I knew last week I was getting close but was surprised to see today's run got me right on the mark exactly.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Woo hoo, hit the 10 grand mark on the RA odometer.  I knew last week I was getting close but was surprised to see today's run got me right on the mark exactly.

Congratulation!

steph  

Congratulation!

Just one? So stingy!

Walk-Jogger

Nice! I hope to get there some day myself, but it's gonna be a few years . . .

Retired &  Loving It