3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

C-R

No, that's the Beer Mile thread.  Ask rabutler.

Doesn't that entail a penalty lap?

Serious question - legs are lethargic going on 3 runs now. Any thoughts to solve?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Serious question - legs are lethargic going on 3 runs now. Any thoughts to solve?

A) Drink more water.

B) I know you're trying to drop weight, calorie restriction can cause that.

C) Insufficient recovery.  Slow down for a day.  Run a second slow day with some good accelerations at the end to bring some "pop" back in.  By the third day if nothing has changed...out of ideas.

D) Lack of sleep?

MTA:  Checked your log.  So 2 shorter days after Tom King, then you're running consistent doubles for the first time since December.  I'm going to go with "C".  Drop back to singles for a couple days, throw in some strides, see what that does.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

Yes.  Surprised to say that in 2 years one has not been incurred yet.  There's always this year...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

No, that's the Beer Mile thread.  Ask rabutler.

Hey, although I did lay down a granny-like time, I did not hurl.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Hey, although I did lay down a granny-like time, I did not hurl.

After your, what, 5min 5K PR, you were just setting yourself up for a 3min beer mile PR so you could win the free beer for July.  At the time we thought you were just being weak but I have since come to appreciate how insidious and far-sighted your strategic intentions can be....Mr. originator of the December throwdown.... Wink

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

And speaking of hurting oneself, I twisted my ankle in the trail race last weekend. I can run on it, but it does hurt a bit. I talked to our nurse here and she says it's unlikely I'll hurt it any worse if I run the 5K tomorrow. She also says it will probably be about 6 weeks before it's back to normal. Guess I'll just have to suck it up.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

And speaking of hurting oneself, I twisted my ankle in the trail race last weekend. I can run on it, but it does hurt a bit. I talked to our nurse here and she says it's unlikely I'll hurt it any worse if I run the 5K tomorrow. She also says it will probably be about 6 weeks before it's back to normal. Guess I'll just have to suck it up.

Have fun, saw the sign for it when I picked my daughter up yesterday (and saw you driving home actually).  Wish I could run it but with all the family in town, that would not go over well.  Since there is not an ant hill anywhere they could use we expect maximum hurt for maximum PR damage.

C-R

A) Drink more water.

B) I know you're trying to drop weight, calorie restriction can cause that.

C) Insufficient recovery.  Slow down for a day.  Run a second slow day with some good accelerations at the end to bring some "pop" back in.  By the third day if nothing has changed...out of ideas.

D) Lack of sleep?

MTA:  Checked your log.  So 2 shorter days after Tom King, then you're running consistent doubles for the first time since December.  I'm going to go with "C".  Drop back to singles for a couple days, throw in some strides, see what that does.

Agreed. Some of D as well. I'm struggling with B. I'll have to give A a shot too.

Good thing all that soccer tonight won't count as a double. heh

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Agreed. Some of D as well. I'm struggling with B. I'll have to give A a shot too.

Good thing all that soccer tonight won't count as a double. heh

Fuck.  Tried to do a workout...eh.  It was there in effort, if not time.  Need more sleep.  This whole early heat thing is no good for me either.

C-R

Fuck.  Tried to do a workout...eh.  It was there in effort, if not time.  Need more sleep.  This whole early heat thing is no good for me either.

I get that. If this is foreshadowing for summer I hadn't realized we moved to Death Valley.

The heat here in SC has sucked out any desire I've had to do anything but run nice and easy. 

Going to be a long summer of miserable training if it stays like this. 

Just a dude.

Well, bummer...

Went in for my checkup last friday on my pacemaker, and one of the wires had come undone. So they immediately admitted me to the hospital and opened me back up to fix the wire. They felt that with the way the wire had come loose and wrapped into a loop, the pacemaker couldn't defibrillate me anymore. So to them it was a borderline emergency.

So, all my timers have been reset again. Time off work again this week. No driving for 6 weeks, etc, etc. But the doc who actually did the surgery told me to move it around more than I had the first 2 weeks... (They were pretty certain that nothing I did caused any issues... I was just one of the lucky 2% that have it happen. It was the first for the doc in 2 years... :-/ )

-Kelly 

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

A Saucy Wench

that sucks Kelly

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Sorry to hear it, Kelly, but at least they caught it before you needed it to work!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Well, bummer...

Went in for my checkup last friday on my pacemaker, and one of the wires had come undone. So they immediately admitted me to the hospital and opened me back up to fix the wire. They felt that with the way the wire had come loose and wrapped into a loop, the pacemaker couldn't defibrillate me anymore. So to them it was a borderline emergency.

So, all my timers have been reset again. Time off work again this week. No driving for 6 weeks, etc, etc. But the doc who actually did the surgery told me to move it around more than I had the first 2 weeks... (They were pretty certain that nothing I did caused any issues... I was just one of the lucky 2% that have it happen. It was the first for the doc in 2 years... :-/ )

-Kelly 

Kelly -  I'm very sorry that you have to go through this again!

steph