3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July Racing Thread -- Spaniel Farms Beer Mile July 16th (Read 1288 times)

Just a dude.

Wow DB... Talk about a string of rough luck.

Great job Mandy and AP!

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Feeling the growl again

Ithink someonrs telling me I am screwed for Leadville

I didn't think of that...damn....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nice job Mandy. Congrats on getting selected for Nationals.

DB, that sucks. I hope you heal up OK. As for the Beer Mile, you really only need one arm and two legs, so you're good to go Cool

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Wow, DB, sorry to hear about the elbow.  Hope things heal up properly and quickly!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hope that can be well fixed, DB.

Jul 16, race mile, guess I'll shoot to PR (5:10 or better)

Jul 17, run 50K, goal to finish

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

DoppleBock

Still waiting to see Ortopedic Doc - Radial Head Fracture + bonus floating bone chip

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Damn DB, that sucks.  I hope this doesn't screw you over completely for Leadville either.  Hope all heals quickly!

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

rabutler -- 7/12 -- Tuesday Night Trail Series 5K, Eagle Creek Park, Indianapolis, IN --  <31:00

Hopefully it doesn't rain. If it does I might have to wuss out.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

rabutler -- 7/12 -- Tuesday Night Trail Series 5K, Eagle Creek Park, Indianapolis, IN --  <31:00

Hopefully it doesn't rain. If it does I might have to wuss out.

Good God man.  I'd be more worried about the 110 degree heat index and praying for rain for relief!! 

Treadmill for me tonight...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oh, forgot, cause it's not the same as racing -- Jul 12, pace DW to 5:40 mile. Unless the heat warning scares her off Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Good God man.  I'd be more worried about the 110 degree heat index and praying for rain for relief!! 

You northerners. It's a trail race. There'll be plenty of shade and it probably won't even hit 90 tomorrow.

Feeling the growl again

DoppleBock

With Andy a northerner - I must be a canuckian?

Good news - Doc thinks I will get full range of motion back.  Treatment is only rebabbing it - In a sling now and I have another x-ray next week.  If things look good we will start pushing the pain to regain range of motion.  He said if I can take enough pain and work hard enough - I will get most or all range of motion back.

No running this week - Next week I can restart some running

Leadville will suck - But I will finish

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

With Andy a northerner - I must be a canuckian?

Good news - Doc thinks I will get full range of motion back.  Treatment is only rebabbing it - In a sling now and I have another x-ray next week.  If things look good we will start pushing the pain to regain range of motion.  He said if I can take enough pain and work hard enough - I will get most or all range of motion back.

No running this week - Next week I can restart some running

Leadville will suck - But I will finish

Good news!  Especially for your future beer mile technique Wink

Don't forget I spent 4 years far north of you in the UP....hence the jar of 3 dozen pickled eggs I made last Sunday for my Beer Mile friends.  We considered anything much south of Rhinelander to be southern WI.

You're not a real Canuck unless you have da accent to back it up, eh?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

That's great news DB! Pain and hard work will be no obstacle for you, I'm sure.

Unfortunately for me, I suck at pain and hard work. The time for my trail race was 33:12. I really should have been able to do better than that. It wasn't even very hot, so I can't blame the heat. I'll blame the freaking stairs. Who has stairs on a race course?!