3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April Racing Thread (Read 1407 times)

Thanks Mandy! I'm feeling a lot better than I was. Still have a constant headache in the evenings it seems. Guess it just takes more time. Anyway sorry about your 10k. Don't stop setting aggressive goals for yourself. That's how they're achieved...wanting them and making them happen Smile

Half marathon. No watch, very tight sore hamstring an a decision to run to feel not time. Result: 1.30.58 - a pb by over a minute despite it being on a point to point course into a headwind. That 1.30 is within reach now I'm sure. Next try: Christchurch in early June

Nice work Mandy!!!

Capitol Peak 50 miler done in 9:27. Great day and a fun course, about 6,500 feet of elevation gain. Big PR for me so I'm happy even though I missed top 3 by 3 minutes. Feels like someone beat my legs with a hammer.

~Sara
        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Nice work Mandy!!!

Capitol Peak 50 miler done in 9:27. Great day and a fun course, about 6,500 feet of elevation gain. Big PR for me so I'm happy even though I missed top 3 by 3 minutes. Feels like someone beat my legs with a hammer.

Congratulations Sara! That sounds completely crazy

Ugh, apparently I just suck at life this year. Complete and total fail. Fell apart after mile 2, had no fight. Didn't care. It was rainy and crappy and windy but that didn't really bother me. Ran goal MP, but 20 miles too short. So there's that....may not be recovered from my wisdom teeth. I keep getting the clove dressing changed because they're not ready to take it out, and i've been on antibiotics. Otherwise I feel okay. The mouth did hurt after the race though, which surprised me since it hasn't hurt after normal runs lately. Probably just not used to running fast.

I start new coaching tomorrow with Luke from Brooks-Hanson. Maybe a fresh approach will help.

Congrats Mandy!! Sub 1:30 will happen soooon.

Sara, congrats on the PR! You hurt my legs.

Lot's of good stuff here.  Sara, I'm with Candice, my legs hurt just thinking about that.  Nice job.  Mandy, oh so close to the 90 minute mark.  Congrats on the PB and you'll be sub-90 soon.

Candice, don't beat yourself up about the 10k.  Look at the last three weeks...marathon recovery and wisdom teeth.  Once you get recovered from both, you'll be back where your head thinks you should be with the times you know you'll be running.  Good luck with new coach!

Turns out I sucked too - Rotorua just "adjusted" the results and added 2 mins to everyone's times.

How the hell can they add 2 minutes to your time?

Turns out I sucked too - Rotorua just "adjusted" the results and added 2 mins to everyone's times.

You don't suck.  Rotorua suck. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Short course?  You'd think they'd publicize the error.

Even if it is, adding 2min is just silly.  How do they know how long it would have taken you to cover the extra distance?  How can they justify adding 2min to both a 1:20 and a 2:40 finishing time? 

They should have noted that it was a short course and left it at that.  Adjusting times is assinine.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

They haven't said anything about why but I think it was a timing error not a short course error. As in they started us 2 mins earlier than they should have and somehow the timing chips didn't sort it out. It started to emerge the following day when the winner said his watch showed 2mins longer than his chip time. I ran without a watch so had no idea.

Feeling the growl again

They haven't said anything about why but I think it was a timing error not a short course error. As in they started us 2 mins earlier than they should have and somehow the timing chips didn't sort it out. It started to emerge the following day when the winner said his watch showed 2mins longer than his chip time. I ran without a watch so had no idea.

That sounds a lot more reasonable!!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Shit....this is a hard one.....

smalcolm gets a beer for a great 50-mile performance.

Even though she did not post a goal, wannaberunner gets a beer for Boston.

Finally, the Schneiders get a beer for BOTH turning in darned good times on a really shitty day.

I look my best blurry!

Nice work Mandy!!!

OMG! Congrats and you're nuts! I just can't imagine.