3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April Racing Thread (Read 1407 times)

What is it that lifts your leg up? I always though hip flexor? Mine never seems to bug me during a race, but afterward it can hurt like hell to lift my leg... sometimes I have to use my hands.

The psoas along with a couple of others. Something that starts with an I..forgot the name. They are all hip flexor muscles.

Phew.  Back actually felt good tonight.  Got out for an easy 5.  The quads were more sore than the back, so that's a good thing.  Good luck to the Schneider's this weekend in St. Louis.  Too bad the weather is suppose to be hot and humid.  Not exactly what you're used to this time of the year being from the Twin Cities.  Enjoy St. Louis!  We were just there a couple of weeks ago and had a good time.

The psoas along with a couple of others. Something that starts with an I..forgot the name. They are all hip flexor muscles.

Iliacus.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Prince of Fatness

Good luck to the Schneider's this weekend in St. Louis.

This.

Not at it at all. 

Good luck to the Schneider's this weekend in St. Louis.  Too bad the weather is suppose to be hot and humid.  Not exactly what you're used to this time of the year being from the Twin Cities.  Enjoy St. Louis!  We were just there a couple of weeks ago and had a good time.

Thanks!!

You're right. It feels like Barbados here Undecided  Do what we can with what we have, I guess.

C-R

Take me off the Boston list. Running sometimes seems very insignificant.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Take me off the Boston list. Running sometimes seems very insignificant.

??

I forgot about this. Result was 3:14:20. I think you should still give me a beer.

Feeling the growl again

I forgot about this. Result was 3:14:20. I think you should still give me a beer.

Are you in sales, asking for the business?  Patience until the end of the month, grasshopper. 

Don't worry, I'm sure I'd buy you a beer anyways.   Unless Ben was going to punch me in the throat for it...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Back running today.  Rotorua Marathon is out.  I'll do the half though.  Target - 1hr30. 

No HM for me this Saturday. I was and am still having issues with a tight right calf muscle after about 2 miles and the last 11 would have really sucked.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

4/30 Capitol Peak 50 Miler - sub 10hrs, maybe even sub 9:30

~Sara
                            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Are you in sales, asking for the business?  Patience until the end of the month, grasshopper. 

Don't worry, I'm sure I'd buy you a beer anyways.   Unless Ben was going to punch me in the throat for it...

No, he'd be happy that he didn't have to pay for it. I'm quite the drinker.

Anyway, I didn't realize thats how the beer thing worked. I thought you just gave beer to people if they met their goal. So its actually kind of like the eight ball?

Feeling the growl again

So its actually kind of like the eight ball?

Here we demand real performances or hurt yourself trying...but give real rewards.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills