3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March 2015 Racing Thread (Read 23 times)

I better take this one as I already have a few races planned:

DateNameDistanceRaceLocationGoalResultComment
    3/7 Roth Runner 5k  Dulwich Parkrun London, UK <16:22  16:27  Remember to line up on time!
    3/14 mbehr 5k St Paddy 5k   <16:30 16:50 $25 and free pimped shoes!
    3/15 Roth Runner 16.2  16 miles Kingston Breakfast Run London, UK

<1:35:00

<1:33:50

1:33:41 16 not 16.2 so revised goal would've been 1:33:50, 3OA.
    3/21 KellyDodge 5k Wildcat Glow Run Carson City, Nv Hammy Tester  25:11 Hammy grumbling, but two days in a row...
    3/21 WhoDatRunner 8k Tomahawk trail 8k   N/A 49:20 1AG,  + minute better this year
    3/21 spaniel 8k Tomahawk trail 8k   <33:09 32:00 15:55/16:05 2OA!
    3/22 kencamet 5k Reach for a Star 5K Brisbane, CA <20:50 20:17 In better shape than expected, never a bad thing!
    3/28 Ntown Kevin 5k Sandy Hook 5K Newton, CT <18  17:37  1OA - experience crushed youth!
    3/29 Roth Runner 7664m 12 stage Relays Milton Keynes, UK <26:15  26:30  Windy

Just a dude.

3/21 - Wildcat Glow Run - 5k - Carson City, Nv.

Goal. I haven't run in a month. I signed up for this thing before I had problems with my hammy. I think just finishing will be my first goal.

/sigh

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

3/21 - Wildcat Glow Run - 5k - Carson City, Nv.

Goal. I haven't run in a month. I signed up for this thing before I had problems with my hammy. I think just finishing will be my first goal.

/sigh

-Kelly

It over two weeks away - you have a bit of time to get that mojo going Kelly, you can do it....

3/28 - Ntown Kevin - 5k - Sandy Hook 5K - Newtown, CT

Most of Feb was lost to mysterious and really painful anterior ankle impingement. I've done nothing but easy base miles for 2 weeks. Might introduce some speed tomorrow, but don't think I'll be in full fighting shape by end of month. If I can register anything under 18 that would be a good day probably.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Feeling the growl again

So Roth, somehow in the flurry that has been my life, I missed your 16:22, or at least committing it to long-term memory.  Big congrats on that. Kinda sucks that February was my worst month in over a year.  So I am far from challenging that.  We are now set up for a year-long chase for the prize, unless you get there first and deflate our collective bubble.

I definitely couldn't challenge 16 flat before fall at this point.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

So Roth, somehow in the flurry that has been my life, I missed your 16:22, or at least committing it to long-term memory.  Big congrats on that. Kinda sucks that February was my worst month in over a year.  So I am far from challenging that.  We are now set up for a year-long chase for the prize, unless you get there first and deflate our collective bubble.

Thanks.  You've definitely had a whirlwind month away from the running but I guess that's life sometimes - congrats again on the new role.  I'm sure you can can get back in the chase pretty quickly.  16 is no given for me - I'm heavily milking what basic ability I have already so I need all the stars to align for me to have even the smallest chance, but I'll keep plugging away!  

On the bright side, February wasn't your worst month because of you breaking yourself.  Other than the flu or whatever that was you had, all cylinders seem to be firing away just fine.

I'm itching to get a few 5k's in this month.  We're doing a family 5k on the 14th.  I won't be racing it as I'll be tagging along with the bear cub.  The wife is running with the daughter.  It's been a rough winter for them trying to get any running in so we'll see if I can't hold back the reigns on him so that he doesn't fall apart in the last mile.  This would have been a good race to give it a good shot as there is usually some pretty solid competition at this one.  I was 8th a couple years ago with a 16:38.  Top few were sub-15.  It'll be more satisfying getting to run with the boy.

Other than that, I have my eyes on a 5k on the 28th.  That may be the one that I give a good shot at this month.

Even I still go back and look at your 10k PR. That was truly a great performance. Im very jealous that you have the opportunity to race as often as you do.

16 is no given for me - I'm heavily milking what basic ability I have already so I need all the stars to align for me to have even the smallest chance, but I'll keep plugging away!  

And Mbehr.. you have been running great recently. Looking forward to see you go at it too.

And we run because we like it
                  Through the broad bright land

Just a dude.

It over two weeks away - you have a bit of time to get that mojo going Kelly, you can do it....

Not a mojo thing. Its a hamstring issue. I'm hoping to get released by the Physical Therapist to even try to run again today...

Thanks!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Not quite this morning.  Got caught out at the start as I was chatting and walking to the start and the guy started the race before everyone was in place.  So I lost about 15 meters to the field and quite a few positions.  Had a solid run of 16:27 though, nice and even for 3OA.  First was 15:30's today.  I guess I may have just about matched my PR again this week without the start mishap but I was happy either way as I haven't felt terrific the last few days, so I'll take a consolidation run with average feeling legs.

Feeling the growl again

Not quite this morning.  Got caught out at the start as I was chatting and walking to the start and the guy started the race before everyone was in place.  So I lost about 15 meters to the field and quite a few positions.  Had a solid run of 16:27 though, nice and even for 3OA.  First was 15:30's today.  I guess I may have just about matched my PR again this week without the start mishap but I was happy either way as I haven't felt terrific the last few days, so I'll take a consolidation run with average feeling legs.

Just proving the PR wasn't a fluke.  Wink  Sub-16:20 is not long...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Another solid effort out there today Roth.  You're keeping an honest bar for the rest of to try and achieve.

RR.. just keep churning them out. Solid result Saturday.

And we run because we like it
                            Through the broad bright land

I'm itching to get a few 5k's in this month.  We're doing a family 5k on the 14th.  I won't be racing it as I'll be tagging along with the bear cub.  The wife is running with the daughter.  It's been a rough winter for them trying to get any running in so we'll see if I can't hold back the reigns on him so that he doesn't fall apart in the last mile.  This would have been a good race to give it a good shot as there is usually some pretty solid competition at this one.  I was 8th a couple years ago with a 16:38.  Top few were sub-15.  It'll be more satisfying getting to run with the boy.

Other than that, I have my eyes on a 5k on the 28th.  That may be the one that I give a good shot at this month.

So, the kids are wanting to run their own race tomorrow and have asked that Mom and Dad race too.  Guess I'm racing tomorrow morning.

3/14- St Paddy 5k

goal: <16:30

So, the kids are wanting to run their own race tomorrow and have asked that Mom and Dad race too.  Guess I'm racing tomorrow morning.

3/14- St Paddy 5k

goal: <16:30

Not quite. 3OA. 16:50. Still stuck in that tempo gear. Oh well, it was a good morning for running. 3OA got me $25 and a gift certificate for a free pair of Reebox. I get to customize my own pair of shoes!  I need another 5k soon as I know I can get better than this. It was a little disappointing. 

The cubs ran too and faired pretty well for not being able train much in the winter. 8yo boy ran 22:26 and 10yo girl ran just under 24. Poor momma's nursing a foot/ankle injury and didn't have a chance against them. Next time.