3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Please (Read 496 times)

Shit, it's not even that hard, I just have to get on the treadmill.  I am just not a morning person and my wife is getting really pissed that I set my alarm for 5:20am every morning, wake her up, and never get out of bed.

Sounds just like our house. I have an alarm set for 5:00, 5:45 and 6:00 am. The 5:00 am is supposed to be set so I get out of bed and hop on the bike for a 45 minute trainer ride and that hasn't happened yet. The 5:45 am alarm is to wakre me so I don't sleep too hard and miss the 6:00 am alarm and end up late for work.

The morning workout thing is a real bitch to get into the habit of doing. My biggest problem is I stay up too late.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Ostrich runner

We all have to do Sun King or The Ram for happy hour in December sometime...

I'm curious to try this "beer" stuff I keep hearing about.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

C-R

Fricking A.  Sigh.  OK, fuckers, throw down.  First round of beer on the loser.  If you both lose I get 2 for free.

It's on like Donkey Kong. 

RA - I get serious when beer is on the line. You know that German heritage thing. Oh I see doubles starting tomorrow.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

We all have to do Sun King or The Ram for happy hour in December sometime...

Like. Big time like. I needs me a Ram Growler.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

The King of Beasts

This I like. 375 Spaniel. Although I may make a stupid push to run whatever it takes to get to 1750 for the year. I'm still catching up from missing those four months.

I am in for 475.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

C-R

I am in for 475.

If I ran that many miles my uterus would fall out

Feeling the growl again

I am in for 475.

Taking 'er easy over the holidays, eh?

I will not play this game with you or DB.  Just like stories that include "she told me she was 19", I kinda know how this one's going to end.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

Like. Big time like. I needs me a Ram Growler.

I often start and finish night runs at Ft Ben at the new Triton Brewery. A couple of times we've needed to get warmed up a little before the run as well.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

The King of Beasts

I will not play this game with you or DB.  Just like stories that include "she told me she was 19", I kinda know how this one's going to end.

haha. yea, those never end well.

seems like we are setting a goal, whatever that might be ? and that way when it come down to sitting around one night or getting out the door we get our happy asses out the fucking door and down the road.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

C-R

Where I come from, those stories usually start with either "Hey ya'll. Watch this" or "It seemed like a good idea."

seems like we are setting a goal, whatever that might be ? and that way when it come down to sitting around one night or getting out the door we get our happy asses out the fucking door and down the road.

LIKE + there's beer on this one. The taste of that frosty mug will be more than enough motivation to move my ass and put down the donut

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Fricking A.  Sigh.  OK, fuckers, throw down.  First round of beer on the loser.  If you both lose I get 2 for free.

You're on. I love free beer.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Amen.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

You're on. I love free beer.

Do you like crow too?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Here's a preview of our victory dance as you're buying beer.

Courtesy of Ileneforward.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Here's a preview of our victory dance as you're buying beer.

Courtesy of Ileneforward.

Two dude are going to air hump in the bar??

All I have to say is you two had better be dedicated.  I have the 24-31st off work plus 4 more vacation days to burn.  This is going to be good.