3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2013 First Quarter Weight Loss Thread (Read 504 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks, Norm.

I recently down loaded both of his books but haven't started either yet.  Just glance trough them so far.

I went to the Atkins site to quickly jump start.   Also I've asked RA's Buzzie  quite a few questions.

As she has mentioned in the main forums, she follows a low carb, high fat ketogenic diet and uses

Generation UCAN for her ultra fueling.  

I'm experimenting with the UCAN.  I detest gels.  Now, on to reading the Phinny books!

Steph,

I am currently reading "Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance" by Phinney. Like $6 for kindle. It gives some good ideas and balance of strategy for low carb and endurance performance sports (running, cycling, etc)

steph  

bhearn

Glad to hear it.

Sad to hear it! Well, I am happy for people to find anything that works, but I am pretty anti-low-carb. Not looking forward to potentially needing to change my views.

Also you can pry my bread and pasta from my cold, dead hands!

Walk-Jogger

176 and steady.

Cecil - I think you need to run with one of those weight vests so you can feel how it's for the rest of us.  Heh.

I used to weight 172....

Retired &  Loving It

C-R

I used to weight 172....

Yikes. Shocked (first time ever for that emoticon but I put it there for you Illene)

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Walk-Jogger

We should send it to Cecil.

And as for me: the freight scale couldn't decide between 157.0/157.5 today (post-run and barely dressed (but not particularly dehydrated, FYI)).  Seemed to stay ever-so-slightly longer on 157.0, but I'll report it as 157.5 pounds.

Thanks, but I don't actually like cake, except for German Chocolate Approve which I only eat on my birthday (coming up soon - yum!) and for the next day or two afterwards until it's gone. I usually gain a couple lbs on one large German Chocolate cake. Nothing that can't be burned off by doing sprint intervals twice a day for a week or two...

Retired &  Loving It

Walk-Jogger

By the way, can anyone tell me where/how to change the weight showing on my profile page? I entered the numbers there originally, but now I can't find any way to change my current or goal weight. ?

Retired &  Loving It

Feeling the growl again

Thanks, but I don't actually like cake, except for German Chocolate Approve which I only eat on my birthday (coming up soon - yum!) and for the next day or two afterwards until it's gone. I usually gain a couple lbs on one large German Chocolate cake. Nothing that can't be burned off by doing sprint intervals twice a day for a week or two...

After my own heart...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

Just did a prednisone taper to cool the lungs down. That pretty much does me in for any weight loss. It did make me realize how much junk I was carrying around once there was room to start clearing it though.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Just did a prednisone taper to cool the lungs down. That pretty much does me in for any weight loss. It did make me realize how much junk I was carrying around once there was room to start clearing it though.

Prednisone is good for some awesome workouts.  Just quit before you go all Oscar on someone or develop a hump.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

It's not great when it sounds like your lungs are boiling though.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

174.6 - after a week of business meeting and consoling friends over fries and beer at the pub, I'm just glad it's not more.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

xhristopher

Screw me. I kinda gave myself special dispensation to eat and drink at Disney in Jan then got sick right after I got home then my wife and son got sick and I was just hanging on for the balance of the month. Food was fuel and comfort.

Having gone off the rails for a couple weeks I never got back on for the entire month of Feb but at least I was running like I wanted to.

Here I am many, many weeks later after eating and drinking anything and everything I wanted I finally got the courage to stand on the scale again this week.

Somehow I was still at 181 this morning. If I can run Boston in the 170s I'm happy.

You guys are pansy asses for not calling my pansy ass out on this. Fortunately I discovered lots of good beer in the past month.

Prince of Fatness

You guys are pansy asses for not calling my pansy ass out on this. Fortunately I discovered lots of good beer in the past month.

Today's Friday.  STFU, run, then have a couple of beers.  You'll be alright.

183 this morning, a moral victory of sorts.  That's only half a pound down from last week but I have not run a step since last Tuesday because I was on Cipro for 5 days.  I seem to be trending the right way the last few weeks and even though it is slow progress I am encouraged..

Not at it at all. 

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.