3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2013 First Quarter Weight Loss Thread (Read 504 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Ouch.  That wouldn't be good for me.  I ran the R&R Nawlins half two years ago and we stayed in the French Quarter.  It was ugly.  Every night we wrapped it up with begnets at Cafe Du Monde.  3AM we'd be over there eating those things drunk off our asses.  Believe it or not I actually ran OK at the race.

I'm staying in the Quarter also. I won't be able to resist beignets and cafe au lait. And crawfish is in season! Yum. I haven't had any of the beers from NOLA Brewing yet, so of course I'll have to sample those.

My only hope will be to make sure I continue to run as much as possible so that I don't gain 15 pounds.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

kcam

Read this if you've convinced yourself that losing some weight isn't going to help you run better.

Walk-Jogger

Read this if you've convinced yourself that losing some weight isn't going to help you run better.

Wow! So apparently I need to triple my weekly mileage and stop taking days off to get ready to run a marathon? I got exhausted just reading his weekly training schedule. I'm going to go take another nap now...

Retired &  Loving It

kcam

Wow! So apparently I need to triple my weekly mileage and stop taking days off to get ready to run a marathon? I got exhausted just reading his weekly training schedule. I'm going to go take another nap now...

Yes!  Triple mileage, cut weight by a third.  You (we) too can run a 2:35!

You just know once spaniel's psoas it better, there'll be a stunt based on this ...

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Dude is insane.  All I can assume is that the 3% decline enables that sort of silliness.  I trained badass back in the day but at half his age, training to run ~12 minutes faster, I wasn't doing that much quality in a week and probably doing less total volume.  But I had zero treadmill back then.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

You just know once spaniel's psoas it better, there'll be a stunt based on this ...

I get healed there will be hell to pay this fall.  I am getting to the point that I can count my remaining training cycles left to hit PRs on one hand.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Walk-Jogger

Yes!  Triple mileage, cut weight by a third.  You (we) too can run a 2:35!

Looks like his current BMI is 20.6. Mine's 20.7, so probably if I skip lunch tomorrow, I'll be his equal in that regard... Big grin

Retired &  Loving It

kcam

W10:  147.7

C-R

I get healed there will be hell to pay this fall.  I am getting to the point that I can count my remaining training cycles left to hit PRs on one hand.

Oh shit.

Oh and that dude is crazy for being 52. Crazy dedicated and fast that is. Reminds me to continue to lose my flab. Once accomplished I plan to write a book called "Moob be Gone"

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

bhearn

W10: 168.4.

Looks like W9 wound up in the W10 column somehow.

flarunner

I'm beginning to hate this challenge.Angry

We went to an indoor "splash park" type place Sunday afternoon.  It's loud, crowded, and the water's fairly cold ... so I went in with my son and a friend while my wife stayed on the sidelines in street clothes.  It's the first time in a long while that she's seen me in swim stuff and around other people.

She has officially started giving me shit for being "too skinny".  And that's how I know I'm finally getting into running shape. Cool

(I weighed 202 shortly after moving to NC in 2005.  Started running in fall 2009 at ~195.  I'm 155-157 now.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

kcam

Congrats on that transformation.  Stay motivated.

Prince of Fatness

W10: 168.4.

Looks like W9 wound up in the W10 column somehow.

You may have posted your W9 weight after the week was up.  Or I could have screwed up.  Anyway I adjusted it for you.

Not at it at all.