3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2014 Second Quarter Weight Loss Thread (Read 41 times)

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I'm out of town busy getting fat and don't really have any way to weigh in, so I'll skip this week.

+1

I don't even want to think about it.  Not a pretty picture I'm sure.

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

+1

I don't even want to think about it.  Not a pretty picture I'm sure.

It's been awful so far. Beer, BBQ, donuts. And I'm sure it will only get worse.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Sounds all too familiar.  It's going to be ugly.  Magic Hat brewery is planned for tomorrow.

Not nearly enough running this weekSad

steph  

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Sounds all too familiar.  It's going to be ugly.  Magic Hat brewery is planned for tomorrow.

Not nearly enough running this weekSad

Sounds terrible. I just had ice cream. At least I did get a 4 miler in this morning. Since everyone else sleeps later than I do I'm hoping I can continue to sneak in 30 to 40 minutes of running in the mornings.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Just a dude.

6-9: 189

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

kcam

I'm not in this ridiculous Weight Gain thread this time but there's this:

I ate and drank my way up to 157.6 pounds (recall my goal for all of these threads was 145) Monday a week ago.  I slapped myself in the face several times and told my wife that "THIS time, I mean business!".  She was all 'whatevs'.  Fast forward to this morning's weigh in ... 147.3 lbs!  Suck it Trebek!!!

Now, I must confess that, at the time of the 157.6, I was probably carrying a pound or two of excess water weight (having eaten at a salty piece of shit restaurant the night before) and having done an 11 mile run yesterday evening in upper 80's heat I am probably down a pound or two in water this morning.  But still, lets say 156 to 149 in the past week.  I have watched what I ate like a hawk and drank like a dam monk.

Heads up out on the race circuit, I'm feeling good!

Prince of Fatness

W10 - 191.6

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

W10: 169

Quite pleased with no weight gain over vacation. Being able to run during that time definitely helped because I certainly wasn't holding back on the beer and food.

Feeling the growl again

W10 - 151.2

Now to get back to some real training to help get me over the line...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

W11 - 150.4

Almost there...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

W11: 167

Just a dude.

W11 - 187

Making my goal is looking pretty unrealistic now... bummer...

-Kelly

Feeling the growl again

W11 - 187

Making my goal is looking pretty unrealistic now... bummer...

-Kelly

While that may be so, let's keep the arbitrary goal in context -- you have progressively taken off weight and worked off the weight of a decently sized child.  Wink  Versus me who has taken ~10 weeks to drop 3lbs from 153 to 150 after starting this whole weight loss thing on this thread almost 2 years ago and being up as high as 162 in between.

I remain impressed.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I remain impressed.

+1

All I have done for the past 2 years of this thread is to gain weight!   I blame this thread.

137Sad

steph  

Just a dude.

While that may be so, let's keep the arbitrary goal in context -- you have progressively taken off weight and worked off the weight of a decently sized child.  Wink  Versus me who has taken ~10 weeks to drop 3lbs from 153 to 150 after starting this whole weight loss thing on this thread almost 2 years ago and being up as high as 162 in between.

I remain impressed.

Thanks!

I'm not overly depressed or anything. I was just hoping to make it.

I'm getting there. I figure about 20 more pounds and I'll be at a pretty good weight. I am roughly 6'4", so I can't be like you guys running around at 140 lbs. My ideal fighting weight in college was about 153. Don't think I can get all the way back there, but want to be close.

Thanks!

-Kelly