3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Prince of Fatness

OK, how did you get the picture to show that way?  I was trying to figure that out.  That's why I at least included the link.

See the little tree next to the omega?  Click that and paste the url in.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

IIRC, you were the instigator of this idea.

BTW, 40 miles this weekend will barely tread water for you...

Hmmm....well, that wasn't too bright of me.

I have faith C-R will get us the lead back.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I love how he's just carrying the dog around like a stuffed animal and the dog is cool with it.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

DoppleBock

I stopped caring about running 3 weeks ago - Just woke up and I just do not care about it anymore

I need to start running or doing some cardio before I end up @ 300 pounds again - So I may run

Funny my passion and enjoyment of work came back as soon as running died.  I am killing it at work right now.  Funny it has been @ 8 years since I have enjoyed my job.

I have not been around much and that is likely to continue

fade to black - carry on

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

C-R

Uh uh no way DB. You've too much to pull a Robert Smith. We will work on ya. Oh and Tecumseh is a bitch. Ouch.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

I stopped caring about running 3 weeks ago - Just woke up and I just do not care about it anymore

Funny my passion and enjoyment of work came back as soon as running died.  I am killing it at work right now.  Funny it has been @ 8 years since I have enjoyed my job.

Sorry to hear this but I can sympathize with the feeling.  It's not rare for me to wonder why I spend to much time on this sport when life offers so many other interesting things to do.  A lot of the time I continue more out of fear of what will happen if I do stop than anything else.

It's especially tough for us all-in types.  We don't like to half-ass things.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

Well said 

Sorry to hear this but I can sympathize with the feeling.  It's not rare for me to wonder why I spend to much time on this sport when life offers so many other interesting things to do.  A lot of the time I continue more out of fear of what will happen if I do stop than anything else.

It's especially tough for us all-in types.  We don't like to half-ass things.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

BTW, 40 miles this weekend will barely tread water for you...

I called that one spot on.

Trouble is, as of this post your team did not run 40 miles this weekend... uh oh....

I planned to squeeze at least one triple in this weekend and hit 42-45 but my kids were sick so I had to stick with doubles.

The nail-biting close race continues...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I dropped the ball this weekend. I only ran once Saturday and my Sunday long run ended up on the treadmill. I still find TM runs harder than running outside and can't go much more than an hour on the TM.

Feeling the growl again

I dropped the ball this weekend. I only ran once Saturday and my Sunday long run ended up on the treadmill. I still find TM runs harder than running outside and can't go much more than an hour on the TM.

Plenty of time left to make my life difficult this month.

Treadmille tricks:

-If you don't have a DVR, GET ONE.  I can't sell this enough, after the past week.  The ability to fast forward through commercials and always have shows you want to watch....priceless.

-Throw a towel over the damn odometer if you're just running steady place.  It won't tell you anything the clock won't and makes time crawl by.

-Play games with yourself (different than playing with yourself).  Tell yourself you won't check the time/odometer until the end of the second commercial break, ramp up the speed a bit during commercials for a fartlek, etc.  Anything that breaks up the monotony.

-Drink a crapload of water before you get on.  Keep some nearby and use it liberally.  Unless you run in the garage, you probably dehydrate a lot on the machine.

-Fans, fans, fans.  In case you didn't take mental notes when you saw my setup, besides the useless little ones in the tm console I have it positioned under a ceiling fan set on high and have a Walmart box fan blowing on high all the time from the side.  If I ever find time, I have plans for a setup to use an old car radiator circulating cold water in front of a fan to blow from the front from under the console.  Heat is my biggest limiting factor on the treadmill.

Stick with it.  After a couple weeks you acclimate to it and it's not so bad.  You just need to learn to shut off your brain.

C-R

Or you can just HTFU. Its for beer man!

Oh and this. Wink

Spaniel's right. Currently I am watching my episodes of Justified (14 of them). It helps to keep your mind off things. Also, get a really good fan. It helps with the heat issues.

Only 4 for me today but damnit its my first 60+ week in forever.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Only 4 for me today but damnit its my first 60+ week in forever.

DAMN.  Fucking Irish.

I was hoping you'd sit out today, but my post was half an attempt to guilt you into limping out a few miles.  Now we're back to within <1 mile of each other.

You'd better run tomorrow, bitches, I have no intent of letting up until I'm 30 miles in the clear....

MTA:  DAMN.  I've never run the day after a marathon...

101 miles on the week...with a weak first 2 days.  Only the second 100 mile week all year, first since January.

C-R

I start doubles tomorrow!

Just letting ya know. This will either get me ready for Boston or kill me. Either - or but no tweeners.

Oh, this will be good! BTW, didn't Dec just start? There's still a lot of rubber to be left on the roads (or the TM) belts.