3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Pro running discussion (Read 108 times)

More sub-4 in HS.

Check out the pacer tripping another runner as he ends his pacing duties at the 800m mark.

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

Un-frickin'-believable.

If you have to ask, you haven't caught up on the first big Olympic track event this morning.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Stupid is as stupid does.

Feeling the growl again

Stupid is as stupid does.

?

Perhaps I was too cryptic...

We all hope it's clean…you never know…taking down the oldest known doped record in women's track by a staggering margin…Part of me is just glad it's gone...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

?

Perhaps I was too cryptic...

We all hope it's clean…you never know…taking down the oldest known doped record in women's track by a staggering margin…Part of me is just glad it's gone...

I was thinking the same thing while watching it. I was excited about the race and wondered if there was doping. She beat the Chinese record which was "known" to be suspected enhanced.

Still a great race and how 'bout Molly crushing the AR. Too bad she timed that for a new WR race.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

MOBOT!!!

I'm curious when the Kenyans of Ethiopians…after the past 5 years….will learn that they need to take it out fast and keep it that way to have a chance against Mo…you'd think they would have figured that one out by now...

C-R

They tried tripping him and that didn't work either. Frankly I think he's a cyborg.

Great race by Rupp. Let's see how he does in marathon.

Good showing by US ladies this morning in the marathon too. 70 degrees at the start with 70% humidity was nasty and its winter down there. Crap.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

There have been some great races. Mo in the 10k was incredible. You think the competition would learn.

Bummed we we missed the later half of the women's marathon but it did sound like the US women did well. Only if they scored it like XC!

How about the races tonight. New 400m WR and another Gold for Bolt!

C-R

That 400 was sick. Dude had another gear in the last 100 no one else could match. Even Bolts reaction to it was pretty cool.

That 400m was amazing.

I was reading about how hard it is to win from lane 8.. b/c you cant see your competition. But.. isnt that was Rudisha would do in the 800m?

Now we just need to see Bolt v. Van Niekerk in the 200m.

Feeling the growl again

That 400 was sick. Dude had another gear in the last 100 no one else could match. Even Bolts reaction to it was pretty cool.

As was the women's 400m.  I literally came off the couch when Miller launched herself across the line horizontal to win the gold.  Too bad it put Felix back to silver, but you have to respect the heart it takes to resort to a (successful) move like that.  At the speed they're moving, hitting the track has to hurt.

Its a travesty that Tori Bowie only runs for 11 and 22 seconds at a time. I think I could watch that stride all day.

C-R

Bolt is just sick. Old man just cruises around the track.

I have really enjoyed watching the track part of this Olympiad. Some awesome efforts. Superman dives, people running 17 low in a 5k after falling and wrecking ACL and meniscus, WR in the 10k and so much more.

Makes me glad I can get my fat ass out there and hobbyjog it again.

C-R

Alright. You may give me shit for this one but I watched the 50k men's race walk today. and DAMN!

These winner was 3:40 and they went through 42k in 3:05. Alrighty then.

Great battles and they were dropping like bowling pins after the finish. Looked like XC Skiers in the Winter Games. Nothing left in the tank.

One guy, who led for the first 35k or so, actually passed out got back up and eventually finished in 8th at 3:46.

Very Hurtlocker worthy.

kcam

Last night I was watching the replay of the Decathlon javelin and then they came out back on the track to run the 1500 (last event of the Decathlon).   Talk about giving it your all, they were all just wasted.  They ran two heats, lower ranked guys first then the higher ranked (including the medal contenders) in the 2nd heat.  Every single runner in heat 1 was laid out on the track including the guy who won that heat - a Japanese guy who ran 4:15 give or take a second.  I was amazed by the carnage in that first heat.  The second wasn't much better with I think only Ashton Eaton still standing and not laying full out on the track afterwards.  Check it out if you get a chance.    I searched for pictures of decathlon 1500 finish and found a very cool pic of the great Daly Thompson surrounded by guys who gave everything they had.  Hats off to the Decathletes.