3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Question about upcoming long run with MP miles (Read 27 times)

I have a 20 mile run this coming weekend that has 10 miles at "MP". Of course my dd has her first softball tournament in NJ that weekend so there is really no way I'm going to get that run in ( will probably do my interval workout instead). My question is, would Wed be too soon to do my 20 mile workout after today's race? I didn't put it all out there. It didn't feel any harder than my  "tempo" workouts that I've been doing over the past few months, however I did do an 18 mile long run with MP miles in after  last weeks "tempo" run and I'm worried that I may be  pushing fate?  My marathon is October 5th and I'd like to get in one more long run in with MP work in it.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

How do you feel?  10 miles at MP in a 20 mile run is a pretty solid workout.  If you feel pretty fresh I say go for it.  If you are already feeling tired/dead legged when you near 10 miles into the race, just finish it out easy.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

How do you feel?  10 miles at MP in a 20 mile run is a pretty solid workout.  If you feel pretty fresh I say go for it.  If you are already feeling tired/dead legged when you near 10 miles into the race, just finish it out easy.

I'm actually feeling pretty good.  I did 10 miles this morning and I did notice my right hamstring being a bit tight  but then again I only ended up doing 1 mile at recovery pace. I figure I'll play it by ear. If  my legs feel good and hamstring is doing good on Wed I'll do it Wed. If not Thursday.

Thanks Andy!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

MTA:  I meant 10 miles into the LONG RUN, not race.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

MTA:  I meant 10 miles into the LONG RUN, not race.  Wink

I knew what you meant!